Herb's Mechanical

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Larry C.
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Gn15 modeling after Hayward Estate RR

Re: Herb's Mechanical

Postby Larry C. » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:57 am

Willow Creek Traction wrote:But is an idea which would add life, tell a story, and imply a future story.

Brilliant!! That's what I like about this place, someone always comes up with a great idea. This will give me the best of both worlds; keeping the roof open for visual effect but being able to add interest and a future event. I like it! :D

Larry C.
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Gn15 modeling after Hayward Estate RR

Postby Larry C. » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 am

Just a quick update. I've started to detail the layout a little, so I thought that the Critter Shed would be a good place to start. Here are a couple of pics so far:

I've added a chain hoist to help replace the engines on the Critters. The second pic shows the detail of the unit which stretches across the beams to help support the weight.
Work has slowed down on the layout due to life in general; but I'm still making some progress from time to time. Steady as she goes.
Cheers.

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Postby docnjoj » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Very neat looking. I do like the grey weathering on the beams. quite realistic.
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 am

Layers, details inside of and behind things, they add visual interest, create curiosity.
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

Return to “Modelling Matters”