Swamp Dragon and "The Luggage" for Gn15

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

Swamp Dragon and "The Luggage" for Gn15

Postby KEG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:52 am

There are times, when even luggage with many feet is tired. Time to book the service of the KEG.

Some folks all over the world have swamp dragons for pets. You can use them as a cigarette lighter or to start the fire in a steam locomotive.

The small white models might be better at home in 0 scale circles, but if you need any, have a look here: http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/discworld-miniatures.asp The figures are bashed ones form LGB / Elita. The locomotive is a present from Ralph B. (Rockley Bottom)

Have Fun

Juergen

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Re: Swamp Dragon and "The Luggage" for Gn15

Postby docnjoj » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

But can they weld? :lol:
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:43 pm

But can they weld?

Simply read the instructions. Or get a copy of "The Colour of Magic" on DVD.

Have Fun

Juergen

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Postby docnjoj » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:52 pm

KEG wrote:
But can they weld?

Simply read the instructions. Or get a copy of "The Colour of Magic" on DVD.

Have Fun

Juergen

Very cute! I had no idea what it meant but my wife follows all things magic and immediately knew it was Terry Pratchett. We will get a copy, since neither of us have seen it.
Thanks
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Well, when diving into the Pratchett worlds, get yourself a copy of Mrs. Bradshaws Handbook for travelling upon the Ankh-Morpork & Sto Plains Hygenic Railway.

Meanwhile the KEG is trying to teach young swamp dragons how to fly with the help of a starter wagon.

You might have guessed it. The locomotive is one of the first Gn15 laserkits, cut in 2008 by Harald Brosch after an Oliver Zoffi design and assembled / modified by Ralph B. in Norwich. Meanwhile part of the KEG loco fleet.
The figures are modified LGB / Elita models, which you can get unpainted from http://elita.de/

Have Fun

Juergen

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby docnjoj » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Brilliant and funny as always, Juergen! Those figures are amazing. That diesel looks like the "Betty" that I just ordered along with a bunch of cars from Michael at Lasergang.
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am

It seems, the local dragons grow very fast. Annother one showed up from the scrap box:

The tiny Steve Bennett wagon can hardly transport all the food which is needed, to keep the dragon happy.

Have Fun

Juergen

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby docnjoj » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Wow! Dragons are wood powered, just like my fireplace. :roll: Would the not be lighter if they were natural gas powered?
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:13 am

One more dragon appeared from the depth of my (huge) junkboxs. With a Woolworth 1 Euro price tag under his feet.

The female (Lemax) cook is travelling on one of those new MG Models UK Gn15 Laser kit flatcars mentioned in the trade section of this forum.
The figure with the bowler hat is constructed at the Frank. N. Stein studios, mainly from Elita /LGB parts and some Milliput.

Have Fun

Juergen

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

Postby Nevadablue » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:51 am

Well this is a fun thread and it cost me money! I just bought a copy of the book so I can learn more stuff! :D
Ken

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:35 am

Be careful with thes Terry Pratchett Discworld books. They can get highly addictive. Bought my first one on a flea market last year,
meanwhile I own (and read) about 40. Plus some of the artbooks and Ankh-Morpork guides.
They say, T. Pratchett brought humor into fantasy literature.

Just in case somebody missed it. On my little 7 / 8th line I have a few swamp dragons as well http://gn15.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10345

There seems to be no literal history with dragons in the US. OK, the Disney studios adopted them some day. On the other hand, we don´t have Big Foot or Snow Men in Europe. Only a few Giants in remote areas.

Have Fun

Juergen

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

Postby Nevadablue » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:16 am

I got the book and have read a couple of chapters. I discovered that swamp dragons must be crated and shipped in the baggage wagon.
Ken

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:32 am

Crated dragons in baggage wagons might refer to standard gauge railways. Over here at the KEG they have to work.
Often as guards for the local gold transports. Some of these dragons seem to rust when getting wet.

One of the Tebee Design Shapeways 1 : 27,5 scale Sand Hutton cars, pulled by a Steve Bennett Decade loco.

Have Fun

Juergen

Return to “Modelling Matters”