In A Bit Of Estate

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

MickT
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: 15" gauge and related railways Estate (Heywood) and Passenger/Pleasure (Greenly) types. Interest in 09 and 4mm scale 10¼" modelling (1n10¼?) and outside the scope of Gnatterbox, 009

Re: In A Bit Of Estate

Postby MickT » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 am

Re: Perrygrove and Heywood collection:

Thanks for crossing the T's and dotting the I's Stockers. It looks as if my vague knowledge about this was prettymuch correct in general terms (I got it from either or all NG News (NGRS Newsletter), NG World and Miniature Rlys mags), but your details have put a much clearer context on what happened.

Very interesting that you should meet both the founder and current owners of the railway Bill.

Back to Bill's inspiring and entertaining story of the goings on around Berger Hall and the gentlefolk who populate the area!

Mick

Bilco
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: 7mm & 16mm NG, Gn15

Postby Bilco » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:46 pm

A little while ago I bought five Chinese rip-off figures on t'Bay ...

As things are a bit quiet on the modelling front at the moment I decided to play with a couple of them to make more drivers for Berger Hall. So, let me introduce ...

A rather skinny, permanently anxious-looking chap called Ben Andjerry. He's right to look anxious - Sir Macintosh will not be pleased at the state of his jacket and trousers ...

A rather more phlegmatic, laid-back individual, who wears his stout macintosh come rain or shine, and only answers to the name Greggs ...

Hours of fun ...
Bill

If at first you don't succeed, cheat.
Too soon old, too late smart.

https://sites.google.com/site/myoldlayouts/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149926300@N07/albums

lesmond
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: Narrow gauge of all types, Gn15 most recently, making models with a budget of £0.00

Postby lesmond » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 am

Splendid as ever, Bill
"Because I Can"

Return to “Modelling Matters”