Longstone 2

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: Longstone 2

Postby chris stockdale » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Given your abilities with everything else I can’t exactly see people painting as being a problem.

Nice to get pretty much the ‘full effect’ seeing most of the layout in that first pic.

Cheers,

Grum
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Building and running exhibition layouts now in Gn15, previously in 009 scale narrow gauge for 34 years. I like steam locos and like to achieve a degree of realism. I am also interested in motor buses from 1945 to 1969.

Postby Grum » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks Chris (and Peter)
I hope to be able to post photos from our first exhibitions in a few weeks time, I will include the full layout from both sides. I'm not sure about lighting at the moment, and just want to concentrate on what I've got so far, as it's bigger than anything else I've have done before (surprise, surprise).
Graham

NotHarryPotter
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: On15, On30, 9mm NG, Gn15

Postby NotHarryPotter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 am

Looking fabulous, well done! :D :D :D
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." -- Groucho Marx

Geoff

Return to “Modelling Matters”