Ending up here!

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Bill Reynolds
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Cycle touring, Garden Railways, Motorcycling, Gn15 and 7/8" scale.

Ending up here!

Postby Bill Reynolds » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello modellers of small trains, I have been in a sort of limbo for the past year due to taking 7/8th scale to its limits as far as my garden line is concerned! I have the right number of live steamers...2 and the right number of battery locomotives...3 for my line and 22 scratch built assorted wagons. Where to now?? The only scale really is Gn15....or 18....The figures are the deciding factor, a average man is , say?...3 or 3 and a half inches high in this scale according how his/her/ parents fed them. So I am starting off in this scale, fortunately last time I got deep in this scale I purchased stuff that does not seem available now...good move there! The chip board 4' x 2' is waiting the bracing wood on the base and the 1/16" cork is awaiting sticking to the board top. I will keep you informed.
Bill Reynolds..... Amalgamated Conserves....Our jam's are wonderfull...(try a spoon!)

PeterH
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: Railway history, drinking beer

Re: Ending up here!

Postby PeterH » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Welcome stirrer.
Peter

Return to “Modelling Matters”