Steve Bennett wrote:
Loving the detailing Colin, well thought out and very well executed.
Hmmm, that sounds like a school report, oh well, I'll give you A+
Well it is now the weekend, so I must be going for extra credit!
Some progress with painting:
The wooden beam has had a couple of coats of Wilkinson's quick drying wood dye (which is water based), this was actually bought to try out balsa fence construction, but I digress. It has also been dry brushed with a light wood shade and a lighter grey shade to tone it down. Boltheads were picked out in paint before weathering.
The doors have had been painted with acrylics, the first coat was alot darker than this but I added more light grey into the mix for the second to 'fade' it down. Ironwork was picked out in dark grey and the worn away areas in a light timber shade. The whole door was then dry brushed with a light grey/brown mix to tone it down further, with a hint of rust on the metalwork.
Brickwork had a mid grey base, with the whole area dry brushed (well, not too
dry) with a colour representing greyish/yellowish brick (I like to be different!), followed by individual bricks dry brushed to variation shades. Once dry a coat of watercolour black was washed over to settle in the mortar runs and add some depth of colour - I may add another coat in due course.
Corrugated areas have been dry brushed over the top of the corrugations with a rusty colour, followed by a dark grey, then some light grey/brown highlights. I didn't want to 'go to town' on the rusting as this is meant to be a relatively recent structure with bitumen paint on it. There is also some gunge in the gutters not visible in the pictures.
Still to do is the flooring within the building, I had left this until last as I wasn't sure whether to go for concrete or wood, but I suspect it will be the former....