Gnew to this forum and introducing my cardboard draisine

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

mad gerald
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow/'minimal' gauge, modelling in 1/16 scale on 16,5 mm track representing 10 1/4" gauge

Gnew to this forum and introducing my cardboard draisine

Postby mad gerald » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:31 pm

Hello everybody,

my name is Gerald and I'm mad ... after Gn15 ...

... I would like to join the GnATTERbox and share with you information (and fun of course) concerning Gn15 and every related topic - and inviting you to download a cardboard construction kit of a diesel draisine (I have developed) for free:

http://zoffi.net/MOBAZI/GN15/karton/Dieseldraisine-A-05-081006.pdf

The file is - at the moment - hosted by Oliver Zoffi, Editor of the G-Spur.at magazine.

In the Buntbahn Forum http://www.buntbahn.de/modellbau/ I use the nickname kartonbahner (meaning: cardboard railwayman), developing rolling stock for Gn15 by using MS PowerPoint® instead of CAD-software, printing it out of 160g cardboard and glueing it together.

The process of contruction regarding the diesel draisine I put online as a workshop:

http://www.buntbahn.de/modellbau/viewtopic.php?t=7856

Unfortunately it is all in german and unfortunately I'm no native speaker (english) either so I can't offer you a fast translation.

Most of your specific terms regarding railroad matters are not part of my active english vocabulary, but I'm trying to adopt, adapt and improve - motto of the round table :lol:

I think, that's it for the moment, have a nice weekend

(mad) Gerald

BTW: I submitted here using the nickname cardboard railwayman, but I changed my mind and decided to be mad gerald

In case of any questions esp. regarding the construction of my diesel draisine please feel free to ask ...

Simon Andrews
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: narrow gauge modelling, 009, 09.

Postby Simon Andrews » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Welcome Gerald. Nice printie 8) Thank you for sharing it :D

Simon.

cjwalas
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby cjwalas » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:52 pm

I really like the idea of this. Card models seem perfect for Gn15, IMHO, and I'd love to see those of you smart and capable enough of designing paper models to continue in the effort! Maybe create an online library of models?
Thank you, Mad Gerald ( I like the name), for sharing this with us!
Chris

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby MOG » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Wilkommen Gerald.. hummel hummel.:D

Hab Ich das recht? (Meine mutter ist ein Hamburger)
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:
http://mogtrains.blogspot.co.uk/
(all earlier sites sadly demised :-( )

mad gerald
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow/'minimal' gauge, modelling in 1/16 scale on 16,5 mm track representing 10 1/4" gauge

Postby mad gerald » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:05 pm

Guten Abend, Martin :lol:

nice to meet you ...

... and yes, you are right. "Hummel Hummel, M*rs M*rs is/was a traditional Hamburgian greeting (or more a kind of war cry), created about 1800, referring to a person living in the City of Hamburg ... but I guess your mother told you the whole story?!

So when did your mother emigrate to Nottinghamshire (?) ... a distant cousin of mine lives around newcastle.

And how did you get on the name "Zebulon"? That used to be a character (jack-in-a-box) in some german children's program in the midsixties! Or has "your" Zebulon a different origin?

Return to “Modelling Matters”