Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators
It's a shame that the Power unit doesn't also drive the wheels then you'd have had an entry in the Loco Shed.
Mind you from what you've created this time I can't wait to see the first Loco.
Really nice everything,(including photoshopping presentation I assume),
Appreciate you now have a number of projects on the go but do look forward to seeing both a loco and the stage you set this up on.
JT Previa wrote:Really nice everything,(including photoshopping presentation I assume), especially the weathering.
Little Andi. wrote:JT Previa wrote:Really nice everything,(including photoshopping presentation I assume), especially the weathering.
I know I half responded to your query as to the presentation of the pic's, and you enquired as to how I went about taking them.
I did remember your request when I was shooting my entry into the Snowflake challenge and took a pic' of the general set-up.
And more really just to show you how crude and "make do and mend" it is.
Here's the pic' then...... and I'll explain after..........
Frightening isn't it?????
A piece of white paper and a single fluorescent light source [the lamp shade you can see on the right isn't on as it casts a red colour despite being a fluorescent energy saving bulb, and it confuses the cameras light meter anyway - and looks terrible.
So, based on my distant memory of schoolboy physics I've used several old vanity mirrors placed strategically around the workpiece to bounce/increase the light. My little magnifier is tucked under the light source for the same reason.
Most bit's of this set-up are just lent or balanced against items that won't fall over - a bit of blue tack and "bobs-your-uncle"!
As can be seen there's no available daylight so this at least makes things reasonably constant, and the only scientific thing about all this this is that I do set the light balance on the camera. I finally treated myself this year to a new camera after years of struggling with something that wasn't really meant for this kind of job.
The Camera itself I set to Aperture priority, and the maximum I can get out of it under these circumstances is about F8 - it sets a duration of about 1/20 of a second at that - Not bad under the circumstances and shows what a difference all the mirrors make. Although it still works better for being on a timer and with the tripod - again something which I only spent about 12 quid on a few years ago.
Hope that helps to show you don't have to have a mega studio set-up to be able to post pic's that help to show off your work to it's best possible advantage.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests