(F) Point Levers

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Gerry Balding
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow gauge railways, football, films, the works of James Ellroy. I am also the part owner of a 15" gauge 2-6-4 tank loco

(F) Point Levers

Postby Gerry Balding » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a supplier of working or dummy point levers / weights?

Thanks
Gerry Balding
Norwich
Norfolk
UK

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Point Levers

Postby Gerry Bullock » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:51 pm

Hi GB, GB calling! :lol:
I bought mine from Caboose Industries in the US, couldn't find any in UK.
Called Ground Throws tuther side of pond and if you Google Caboose Industries you'll come up with them. I bought them somewhere else but mate Al Zymer doesn't seem to remember where.
Quite cheap so no fear of customs duty unless you want 100's.
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.
http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

MilesB
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Caboose Industries Ground Throws

Postby MilesB » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:47 pm

Gerry

Wanting a totally 'hands-on' approach to operating on my layout, I am already using the Cabooose Industries Ground Throws. But note that there are a large number of options available, so make sure you get the ones you want :shock:. There are options with adaptors to accept varying manufacturers points.

I use mine with Peco track (both OO and O-16.5 Streamline), and you will find that unless you set up the throw perfectly, that it will have difficulty in 'throwing' all the way over. The helical movement of 180 degrees is a bit too much for the available movement on Peco points :? . This is not a problem, as long as you leave the over-centre springs on the point, and get unsprung point levers. In future my option will be to have the throw lever horizontal in the 'normal' position for the point (ie set to the 'main line'), and raised for the siding - I've managed this at 3 out of 4 locations and it is a good compromise :) .

Miles Bevan

Return to “Modelling Matters”