Cat Thread missing

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

Cat Thread missing

Postby KEG » Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 am

What happened to this thread? http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=3028&highlight=catfood

It was about a cathouse on NG wheels plus a few Gn15 models of it.

Was it the anonymous iron broom again?

One of the Brit. NG forums is just hosting a modelling challenge which needs at least one cat in it http://ngrm-online.com/forums/
A link to the disappeared Threadcould be helpful

Have Fun

Juergen

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Postby Gerry Bullock » Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Unfortunately nothing can be done Juergen, yet another of my posts lost in the ether.
I can post my version when I return home; another I believe was built by Barry both within hours of the prototype wagon photo being posted. :lol:
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.
http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm

And yes, Steve Bennett made some downloadable catfood printies for that thread.

Whoever is responsible for this delating nuisance, please stop it at once.
People in here do not spent time and brains to get delated.

Not amused

Juergen

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I do have a copy of one of the original photos that was posted. Didn't keep a copy of the thread though so can't remember who to ask for permission to repost the picture.

Here was my model

Last edited by More_Cats_Than_Sense on Tue May 14, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

david colley jnr
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: all things steam, railways under 15" gauge and anything else that moves!

Postby david colley jnr » Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Whoever is responsible for this delating nuisance, please stop it at once.
People in here do not spent time and brains to get delated.

I'll second this Juergen. It's from the most unusual comments that an idea springs and those sadly deleted asides seem to be sterilising this forum...

David
Check out the website,

www.sherwoodforestrailway.com

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm

This was my interpretation of the Rolling Cat House

Made from Steve Bennetts Catfood boxes printies. It started from a Snoopy cardboard house kit:

Have Fun

Juergen

Geeky Gecko
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: modelling in card

Postby Geeky Gecko » Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Stefan

Jon Randall
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: Narrow gauge railways, modelling

Postby Jon Randall » Tue May 14, 2013 7:04 pm

So we are moving from The GnATTERbox to one of the other boring rivet-counter forums :?:
Jon Randall

Needs to stop procrastinating and start modelling

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue May 14, 2013 9:43 pm

one the things I find most frustrating about internet, is discovering some useful website with something I want to keep, but rather than 'printing off' I bookmark it or try to remember in some other way.
if I don't record where info is , then chances are I won't find it again, if I bookmark it , there is still a chance it won't be there when I want it again, so now I try and print to a pdf file , so at least the info is there, assuming I can find it on my computer. Also as I have print set to record website address I can always try and revisit the website.
The internet is a fantastic resource. sadly it grows and space costs money(but is a lot cheaper than it used to be), and the answer for some is to delete some info. I can see the reason, but I would always make sure that information as recorded/archived somewhere where it can be retrieved. Ideally it would just be moved, so can be got at by those who really want to, but also leave the paths clear to main threads.
Can't remember the cathouse thread, might just be that I don't recognise the photos.
Events thread, I am concerned that this might not be as visable as it should be. As its basically a publicity thread, I would expect to see it on front page, which is the norm on other forums. I tend to think of 'Blether' as anything other than railways and other hobby.
Talking of rivets, I have been successful with my latest 3d printed models(sadly not Gn15, so won't say more here), with rivets. Will have to work out how to get them on curved surfaces, but I can live with current effort.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby KEG » Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 am

Can't remember the cathouse thread, might just be that I don't recognise the photos.

Well, we all don´t get younger. But that´s not the point.

Fact is, some threads were destroyed / delated by a new "moderator".
A frustrating experience for those who spent time in creating them.

I´d suggest, J. Saxton gets relased from his moderator function before he does more harm to the Gnatterbox.

Have fun

Juergen

Si
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: O9 and ng in general

Postby Si » Wed May 15, 2013 8:06 am

Rather than getting over excited and demanding people be removed from roles, and then having another bust-up with yet more valued members of the forum walking out never to be seen again, might I suggest that first we make a polite request for clarification as to what happened to the thread?

It may be that Jeff had noting to do with the thread's disappearance, it may be a genuine mistake that it's gone (given that Jeff has done a lot of hard work to make the forum more usable I hardly think it fitting that people stick the boot in over one mistake), it may be that there is a good reason why you can't find the thread. We just don't know yet.

So, please please please, ask the (polite) question before shooting....I'd like the forum to stay a nice friendly place, but if we can't have that then I'd much rather it becomes a rivet counting forum than a one where everyone is eager to stick the boot in.

Moronguhl
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: 09 industrial diesel and battery locos, and track to run them on!

Postby Moronguhl » Wed May 15, 2013 8:49 am

I understand the need for the occasional cleanse, but I had two threads completely deleted too. One which was fairly recent, the other was a more thorough build log. Very frustrating. People may still have the pictures on photobucket etc, but very few preserve the text I doubt.
Christian Summers

We're gonna need a little rolling stock...and a lot of luck!

I used to have a project link here until the thread was deleted... :(

John New
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: railways large and small.

Postby John New » Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Whatever the reason it is disapointing to read that threads are being pulled.
John
http://www.stephensonloco.org.uk | http://www.yorkshow.org.uk | http://www.island-publishing.co.uk

Remembering it’s a hobby and I am allowed to smile!

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Wed May 15, 2013 1:52 pm

John New wrote:Whatever the reason it is disapointing to read that threads are being pulled.

John, chaps,

I hope I am correct in saying that it's past tense - i.e. 'were being pulled'. The person involved is no longer a moderator. But, as noted, sadly we can't get what has gone back.

bestest,

Return to “Modelling Matters”