Kitlands Light Railway

G scale on 9mm track? Are you mad? If so, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: ian holmes

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Kitlands Light Railway

Postby chris stockdale » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:04 am

7 1/4" in the garden round 6' radius curves. Truly tiny, but 'real', ride on locos. I really like the one with the wooden box on that appears about a minute in. A great excuse (if such were ever needed) for a miniscule line in a nursery perhaps?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwW68Ku1UM

cheers

Simon Andrews
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: narrow gauge modelling, 009, 09.

Postby Simon Andrews » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:50 pm

That is really cool 8) :wink:

Simon.

tstone
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: [ N - HOn30 - Gn15] Industrial railroads, shelf layouts, and any 2nd hand trains on ebay

Postby tstone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:53 pm

That is pretty cool. I like his description in the video, "I hope it shows what can be done, with a little thought and a few power tools!", though, he looks like me in that he occasionally needs to do less trains and more yardwork.
On18 -- It's an even littler woooh-wooo.

MilesB
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby MilesB » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:24 pm

I like the 'mishap' at the end with the new loco - featuring Giles Barnaby at the controls...

It's Andrew Knight's garden line - the shorts were a dead givaway!
http://www.wrgrail.gp.btinternet.co.uk/images/KLR.jpg

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby MOG » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:50 am

fun fun fun :D
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:
http://mogtrains.blogspot.co.uk/
(all earlier sites sadly demised :-( )

Giles B
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Giles B » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:11 pm

At least I came off before the pondside section - it's usually traditional for someone to get wet feet during the day, and it's often me.

Although it isn't apparent, there's quite a slope down from the back of the shed to the pond - definitely a bit hairy when done in reverse as the clearances are too tight to be able to look round, and if you lean out too far to look, the train derails. My party piece, I'm afraid.

The film was taken "one engine in steam", but the line often runs with three trains, so you have to take care with the signals and single line token. Being duty signaller takes some concentration to keep things running smoothly.
Giles

Giles B
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Giles B » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 pm

If anyone wants to read more about the Kitlands Light Railway, I forgot to say that the line was featured in Model Trains International, issues 35 July/Aug 2001 and 39 March/April 2002, which are still be available from the publisher:- Kristall Productions, 4 Surbiton Hall Close, Kingston KT1 2JX, price £1.50 each incl P&P.
Giles

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:44 pm

It's been a while since anything was posted on this. I now have issue 35 (very interesting - although only a couple of pages about the line still well worth it) with issue 39 on order - meanwhile I was unable to a response from Andrew a while back via email - I wondered if a plea for full size pics would fall on helpful ears in here - pretty please!

bestest

Igor
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge modelling

Postby Igor » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Love the locos. That overgrown track would be interesting to model as well 8) :D .

Return to “GNine”