The Angst-Lesspork 009 Layout

Minimum gauge modelling in other scales.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

The Angst-Lesspork 009 Layout

Postby KEG » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:38 am

A very amusing layout, standing on Elephant-Feet and Esme Wheaterwax at the Throttle: http://file770.com/?p=20616

Have Fun

Juergen

Simon
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Re: The Angst-Lesspork 009 Layout

Postby Simon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:43 am

I saw it in the flesh a while back - it is very good.

And of course, a tribute to Terry Pratchett who died last week.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:20 am

saw it a couple of years ago. Fantastic layout and really captures the spirit of the books. It also had Terry Pratchett's approval .
There is a lot happening in the model, but check out the backscene and its a simple monotone image based I think on part of old London. A good example of how to make the backscene compliment the foreground.
I was hoping someone would post a link to something about this layout as I could not remember its name or its builder.
On looking at the video I notice it was filmed at Colne where I saw it. 8)
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

Postby KEG » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 am

I was hoping someone would post a link to something about this layout as I could not remember its name or its builder.

It helps, to take a pencil or a small camera to exibitions to make notes. At least, if one plans to give fellow forum readers
a hint or recommendation.

I like the idea of the Angst-Lesspork Layout. But have diffentent films or pictures in my brain as how the Pratchett settings might look. Maybe a lot dirtier and darker with very narrow streets. Paul Kidby`s illustrations go in the right direction for me. Or Gerry´s Dickensville http://gn15.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7240&p=90442&hilit=Dickens#p90442

The Angst-Lesspork layout appears at locations or events, where one does not expect toy trains. e.g. at a Science Fiction exibition or at an Ankh-Morpork congress. Probably a bigger market, than traditional Model Railway Events.

Have Fun

Juergen

Return to “Size doesn't matter”