1/16 CAT-style forklift truck on rails

Minimum gauge modelling in other scales.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Moronguhl
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: 09 industrial diesel and battery locos, and track to run them on!

Postby Moronguhl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:05 am

Looking very nice MG, loving the stature of this little beaut.
Christian Summers

We're gonna need a little rolling stock...and a lot of luck!

I used to have a project link here until the thread was deleted... :(

henrix72se
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: trains, the web, photography, art, outdoor life like camping, biking, paddling canoe etc.

Postby henrix72se » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 am

Looks very nice,

but maybe a bit colour could give you some satisfaction of getting a bit further .. :wink:

/Henrik
I build Estate, Industrial and Military Light Railways in Fn18 (1/20) scale - http://Laurell.Today/

mad gerald
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow/'minimal' gauge, modelling in 1/16 scale on 16,5 mm track representing 10 1/4" gauge

Postby mad gerald » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Moronguhl wrote:Looking very nice MG, loving the stature of this little beaut.

henrix72se wrote:Looks very nice,
but maybe a bit colour could give you some satisfaction of getting a bit further .. :wink:

... thanks, guys ... :D ... have to finish the front part and inner part (seat) before covering it with primer - painting and weathering seems to be the next challenge!

@Henrik
I've got aonther (mad) idea: building a HAWE-style trolley with the chassis similar to the ASEA loco Nr. 4 or Nr. 23 of the FMBBM ... what do you think ... ?

Cheers

henrix72se
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: trains, the web, photography, art, outdoor life like camping, biking, paddling canoe etc.

Postby henrix72se » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 pm

mad gerald wrote:@Henrik
I've got aonther (mad) idea: building a HAWE-style trolley with the chassis similar to the ASEA loco Nr. 4 or Nr. 23 of the FMBBM ... what do you think ... ?
Cheers

Sounds fully do-able, fun project, but do not start until finished with this one.

I do not know about you, but in my case I (almost) never gets back to an old project which had taken to much time to finish ... :D

/Henrik
I build Estate, Industrial and Military Light Railways in Fn18 (1/20) scale - http://Laurell.Today/

mad gerald
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow/'minimal' gauge, modelling in 1/16 scale on 16,5 mm track representing 10 1/4" gauge

Postby mad gerald » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:10 pm

G'evening all,

May be somebody already started wondering what happened to the CAT-style forklift truck on rails ... (regarding over 4,000 views) ... umm, well, it spent some time as a shelf orphan as I was not able to continue work. In the meantime I modified the layout of my blog.

Recently I started to create a mock up of an rail tractor even smaller than the CAT rail tractor, heavily inspired by an ASEA storage battery locomotive (Lok 23) of the Frövi Maskin & Bruksbanemuseum (thanks to my modelling mate Henrik :D ). But soon I discovered that it's appearance was rather bulky or pretty ugly respectively, so I did not finish it. But IMHO the chassis seemed to be a good start for a matching modern Feldbahn wagon, so I made another attempt building a (mock up of an) bulk head wagon, a flatcar can be easily adapted and is already in progress. Building report regarding the wagons will follow up soon as well as a progress on the CAT rail tractor.

You may ask yourself, why I chose this pug-ugly colour like dwarf skin? Well, it's kinda paying homage to the Struppe Akkulok (hospital supply railway in Lainz/Vienna) ... AND ... Marc Reusser did a good SBS regarding the weathering on the buoy he build for the "Watery grave" page 7 which hopefully would enable me to reproduce the look ... 8)

Cheers

Return to “Size doesn't matter”