Romney's 'Scooter' in O9

Minimum gauge modelling in other scales.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow gauge & industrial

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Fri May 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Colin

I like it a lot.
I am not in 09 but if I would I would haqve one of these in service and follow your steps at aadding detail.
Very nice work.

Daniel
I am interested in 20" , 18" and 15" railways. specialy the ones related to agriculture. I am also interested in (old) lime stone industry.

Si
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: O9 and ng in general

Postby Si » Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm

The body kit is only £12.50 Daniel - cheap enough that if you like it you don't really have to have an O9 layout to justify it! Maybe pop a dummy chassis in and make a micro diorama to display on?

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Fri May 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Si
It is not about the price.
I am already preparing for leaving in a couple of years 1/32 because it is becoming too small for my eyes.
I still have a little 09 Mogul I bashed on a Minitrix mechanism and simply can't give it the finishing touches because my eyes.
I had spared some 09 kits from my FCALV modekls range thinking some day I would build a layout for them, but last year I was forced to accept that wasn't going to happen and sold all of them.
To make it worse, there are two things that can easily spoil my pleasure at modelling: globes and magnifiers.
But thank you anyway.

Daniel
I am interested in 20" , 18" and 15" railways. specialy the ones related to agriculture. I am also interested in (old) lime stone industry.

Si
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: O9 and ng in general

Postby Si » Sat May 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Sorry to hear that you have problems with your eyes Daniel. But, it does make me even more impressed with the standard that you currently model at!

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Thank you for your words Si.

To be honest, I don´t see really good what I am doing. But I enjoy a lot doing it and i have a bit of a sense of how is it growing.
I really see it and learn just when I see the photos.

Daniel

Return to “Size doesn't matter”