JG Miniatures - 1/32 scale scenery and buildings

Minimum gauge modelling in other scales.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

JG Miniatures - 1/32 scale scenery and buildings

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Came across these models recently. Not cheap but some interest me, namely the nissen huts and the tents
http://www.jgminiatures.com/index.php
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow gauge & industrial

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 am

The work is good. The scale is a bit strange and the prices are science fiction.

But may be it is I simply wouldn't pay one cent to someone for doing what I like and enjoy the most at modelling.

Daniel
I am interested in 20" , 18" and 15" railways. specialy the ones related to agriculture. I am also interested in (old) lime stone industry.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm

most of the stuff is 1/32, but not sure why there are some items for 1/30. Some gauge one stuff is now 1/30(10mm/foot), but only military at that scale I have seen is some RC tanks. Think items are aimed mainly at the 54mm military collector, not the modeller. I have ordered a couple of relatively small items so will be able to judge if they are worth the money.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:35 pm

just received a couple of the models. Have to say they are excellent,both the models and the service, models seem to be in some form of resin, but not as heavy as some. Having seen a lot of N, OO and O gauge modellers using rtr buildings from the likes of Hornby and Bachmann, I would say these are better quality and priced. I chose the LR Nissen hut and the bell-tent, both items more difficult, for me to make, so worth the money. I will certainly be buying some more items. The bell-tent is bigger than I realised but should still fit. It might even be useful as a background item in 1/24. I would love to have one of the complete Nissen huts but it would take over most of the free space in an APA box, and its more WW2 than WW1, unless I modify it, which would be a pity.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

csundstr
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Modelling small industrial prototypes in 3/8n20.

Postby csundstr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:52 pm

The Nissen Hut was developed in 1916 and over 100,000 were produced before the end of WW1, according to Wikipedia. My book on the history of the Quonset and Nissen huts states that 100,000 Nissen Bow Huts (16'x27') and 10,000 Nissen Hospital Huts (20'x40') were produced by the end of hostilities. Sounds like it would be appropriate for a WW1 layout. Most of these would have been used in rear areas where the railways operated or on the home fronts.

Not much that can be done about the size, of course, except to suggest you use one or two of their M31 Nissen Facade models along the back wall of your APA box, or possibly the end walls.

Happy modelling.

Chris

Narrow gauge Nutter
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: anything & everything narrow gauge

Postby Narrow gauge Nutter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Don't know if this will work, but checkout these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300328484782? ... 1438.l2649

Hope the link works :wink:
David H-G, the Narrow gauge Nutter

Lost in France and loving it!

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Chris, the main mod I would have to do would be to remove the fire extinguisher, not much but would prefer not to make any mods. I have the book about Quonset huts, so plenty of info.
I do like the look of that German kit. Would make a nice railway shed.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 pm

David, just received one of the kits from Germany. Nice kit, which at least can be easily modified. The corrugations look a bit small, but might be OK.
An interesting thing about these kits is that they look like lazer cut plastic. Novel, and works well for this kit. assume the corrugated roof is molded though. I think in future I will use Wills 1/76 corrugated asbestos to represent 1/35 corrugated iron, a tiny bit small, but it should be possible to bend the sheets.
I also bought some of the cafe/beer garden seats and tables. Again lazer cut plastic, which obviously results in square chair/table legs. Not a big issue, but I was thinking of doing something similar using 3D printing, which comes out cheaper and no need to assemble. Waiting for my first test batch of tables to arrive.
Good to see new manufacturing processes being used for models.
It seems odd that it is easier to get some things easier for Gn15 than 1/32 scale. Pity Pola or Preiser don't copy their accessories down to 1/32 scale or 1/35 scale. Anyone modelling WW2 military in France has to have cafe furniture
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

Return to “Size doesn't matter”