Latest Loco - Pechot-Bourdon 0-4-4-0

Minimum gauge modelling in other scales.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Latest Loco - Pechot-Bourdon 0-4-4-0

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 pm

The latest , possibly last of the WW1 steam locos I have built. The Pechot-Bourdon was heavily involved in clear up after WW1, so I had to have one. Body is 3D printed, but I have compromised on chassis by using Mehano inside framed chassis, not outside framed. But at least it seems to work OK, which is probably not the case had I built the Scalkelink kit for the loco. It is said it takes longer to build the chassis than the loco, so not for me, and the Scalelink kit costs a lot more and still not sure if it is 1/32 or 1/35.
Only one bogie has motor(not enough room for two), and powered one does not swiffle , so the other turns more. Weight in both boilers is actually coins, and seems to be enough. To improve running pickup from both bogies.
Not sure if it will run on Place de la Victoire yet.

Just found that Chris Ward has done a 3D printed version for OO9, but he uses the Kato chassis with conventional bogies. Will be interesting to see if he has it at Leeds.

----

Model now live on Shapeways. I am sure someone will ask for it in smaller scale, possibly Gn15 with taller cab. :roll:
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

henrix72se
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: trains, the web, photography, art, outdoor life like camping, biking, paddling canoe etc.

Postby henrix72se » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Looks very nice !!

more photos please.

/Henrik
I build Estate, Industrial and Military Light Railways in Fn18 (1/20) scale - http://Laurell.Today/

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:07 pm

I should really get round to more photos, but for some reason I had problems with the light when taking some.
I did try it on layout. It just about goes round, one way, but after a couple of circuits derailed so is not reliable. No problem as I am building a bigger layout. Place de la Victoire was originally only intended for small locos such as the protected Simplex.
Might interest some, as I have down sized the models to 1/43 scale and have had a couple of the models printed OK. Not this one, but from experiences I think(crossing my fingers) I have sorted out all potential printing problems.
I am thinking now of possibility of some 1/55 versions to fit 12mm gauge track. This will be to run with my metre gauge on 16.5mm track, and miniature running on 9mm gauge. It is planned to only be a small layout, but suspect it will grow. Intend to use variety of inlaid/tram track using my on designs, including I hope mixed gauge!
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 pm

rue_d_etropal wrote: Not this one, but from experiences I think(crossing my fingers) I have sorted out all potential printing problems.!
That brings to mind a t-shirt from the model rocket community.
If I Knew what I was doing It wouldn't be Research
http://www.cafepress.com/wnotberesearch :D
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

Return to “Size doesn't matter”