Tobar Station, my 2015 "1915" Challenge Entry

Caption competitions, competitions run by The Management (ahem) or just a challenge you'd like to set your fellow 'boxers, this is where to put them!

If anyone finds a challengney type thread elsewhere can you PM me the number and I'll carefully copy it over into this forum.

If anyone's wondering why I've done this ... wait and see! :-)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Re: Tobar Station, my 2015 "1915" Challenge Entry

Postby docnjoj » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Any way you can lower the gearing for that chassis. Some of those 80:1 Grandtline ones would crawl, and they are not too expensive. The ones with those ho diesels have the whole kit at $30-40. NOt dirt cheap but can go as low as 160:1 gearing and including the motor. Ebay has them fairly cheap.
Just sayin'
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

Re: Tobar Station, my 2015 "1915" Challenge Entry

Postby Nevadablue » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:22 pm

I probably won't mess with that one. Not easy to change and I glued some things inside that should not have been glued. No real way to take it apart to change much. I'll just use that little loco for a backup. It was made of nothing for nothing, all salvaged stuff.
Ken

Return to “Challengnes”