Layout on a Wagon

Caption competitions, competitions run by The Management (ahem) or just a challenge you'd like to set your fellow 'boxers, this is where to put them!

If anyone finds a challengney type thread elsewhere can you PM me the number and I'll carefully copy it over into this forum.

If anyone's wondering why I've done this ... wait and see! :-)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

DCRFAN 3
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Layout on a Wagon

Postby DCRFAN 3 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:33 am

Just received my latest online purchase, a Lionel hicube boxcar 86' long O scale (1:48th scale) 8) To show the size of this beast, sitting on the top in the picture is a 1:32nd scale VW Beatle.

I think some of you could probably design a Gn15 layout on top :lol: :lol:

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Re: Layout on a Wagon

Postby rue_d_etropal » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:51 am

what might be more appropriate is a G gauge wagon with a Gn15 layout on it.
I am sure I have seen something like this done.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

Postby KEG » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:36 pm

G-Gauge translates to 45mm model track. I have seen models from 7 / 8th Inch Scale (1 : 13,7) to 1 : 32 on such a gauge.

Not much space on an e.G. 16mm scale wagon: http://gn15.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7819&p=97064&hilit=Andel#p97064

An American box car in one of the popular Gardenscales has a footprint of approx. 1 - 2 feet. Maybe 4 Inch wide.
I´d built a Gn15 layout inside a boxcar, not on top of it.

I have seen a Z-Layout ( 1 : 220) on a LGB goods wagon. Quite amusing for visitors.

Have Fun

Juergen

tebee
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: just about every scale you can think of....
cute trains generally

Postby tebee » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Not terribly obvious in these photos, but this was a G scale layout on a real ( meter gauge) wagon, take at the CdN museum back in 2007.

To know the meaning of life you need not to be dealt a good hand, but rather to play the worthless hand you have been dealt to the best of your ability.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:40 am

I have seen Z gauge in dolls houses. Nothing new there, but this has given me an idea(gimmick)
With a box car , doors in centre, some of the front panel removed so you can see what is happening. A wagon turntable in doorway(now wonder where you could get one of those :D :wink: ) .
Small loco/forklift truck(not difficult in Gn15), carries box into wagon, turns 90 degrees and moves box into box car. Some form of rack to hold box. maybe some way to raise or lower that as well, from back out of sight. Box deposited on racks and returns for next one. Maybe a traverser to move track from side to side, again controlled out of sight.

Once the box car is full, reverse process and empty the boxcar. :lol:
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

DCRFAN 3
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby DCRFAN 3 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Shuffle the way bills to direct operations but make sure the hazardous goods are stacked in comparable groups :P

Return to “Challengnes”