Two Sister's Farm Saga

A home for threads which don't relate to minimum(ish) gauge railways

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, American shortlines,anything that runs on rails really.

Re: Two Sister's Farm Saga

Postby Broadoak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 am

It seems the site that I uploaded my photographs on postimage.org is currently not working, so all my images have gone. I have had my suspicions for some time and recently started using Flickr instead.
This is the third time this has happened to me and if Flickr folds up I will not be posting any more photographs.
I intend re-doing some of the more recent images but this will all take time.
I am not the only one affected apparently some 140 million images are affected.

Peter M
Peter M

MickT
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: 15" gauge and related railways Estate (Heywood) and Passenger/Pleasure (Greenly) types. Interest in 09 and 4mm scale 10¼" modelling (1n10¼?) and outside the scope of Gnatterbox, 009

Postby MickT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:08 am

Sorry to read about this Peter. Along with many others, following the Photobucket debacle, I migrated to Imgur as my photo hosting site (but never upload anything that isn't already safely saved on my own PC with an auto backup portable hard disk running plus regular periiodic DVD backups. Personally I don't get on with Flickr as I find it "lumpy" and awkward to use although I do acknowledge that a lot of people do seem to like it and use it as their preferred online hosting facility.

As a free hosting site that is very easy to use, just a couple of clicks to upload to it and literally a couple to select an image for posting on a forum and post it, I have not found a better facility than Imgur. I''ve been using Imgur for about a year now.

Mick

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, American shortlines,anything that runs on rails really.

Postby Broadoak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks for that Mick, I too have all my original photos on a hard disc, on cd’s and a memory stick. It just means uploading everything again then posting it all on four different sites.
Personally I get on alright with Flickr so am staying with it.

Kind regards Peter M
Peter M

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Broadoak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:11 pm

I have made a start re-doing all the photographs but it is taking much longer than I expected it to.

In fact it means updating four different sites all done at different times. Still I'm getting there slowly

all the most recent on all four have now been done. The older pictures are taking longer to find and sort out.

It's like weeding the garden, I'm getting a strange sense of satisfaction.

Regards Peter M
Peter M

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Broadoak » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Well that is it, I have been all through the thread and added as many of the missing photographs as I could find. It is back more or less as it was before the photos went AWOL, any mistakes put it down as another senior moment.
Now just the other three threads to do.

Regard Peter M
Peter M

PeterH
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: Railway history, drinking beer

Postby PeterH » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 am

Many thanks. It’s wonderful to see a great layout come to life again.
Peter

Return to “gNot Minimum Gauge”