A home for threads which don't relate to minimum(ish) gauge railways

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Bangers and MASH layout -1/32 scale

Postby rue_d_etropal » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:23 am

Can't remember if I have mentioned my latest layout. It is called Bangers and MASH, and is inspired by the classic film and TV series MASH. There is also a bit of a play on the title with the children's TV program called Bangers and Mash.
Scale is 1/32 using 16.5mm gauge, and originally planned to fit same space as m WW1 layout, but I changed it from a circle to a figure of eight. Exhibited on m old arm stretcher.
First exhibition last weekend at small Blackburn show. I videoed it and put it into a short Youtube film. As I could not find MASH film theme music to add to film, I found a clip on Youtube, which if loaded independently can play in background.

MASH Theme background

and m short film
Bangers and MASH
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

Re: Bangers and MASH layout -1/32 scale

Postby Nevadablue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:18 am

Love it Simon! Are the models on your website somewhere?
Ken

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Re: Bangers and MASH layout -1/32 scale

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:39 am

not much 3D printing in this layout , but there is some. I have not sorted through photos yet. I have ones from start of building. Need to check with CM magazine as I did send them a short article. I try to be careful not to duplicate photos, and quite often take 2 or 3 which are virtually identical, so if they are printed in a magazine, they are technically different to what I show on my website.
I had intended this show as a one off this year, as I am concentrating on 3D printing demos, but I think it is provisionally booked for another show in November. This will give me time to fix some of my 3D printed track board joiners, which will properly line up track across baseboard joints. samples on the way, but already I have thought of a possible improvement.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “gNot Minimum Gauge”