Two Sister's Farm Saga

A home for threads which don't relate to minimum(ish) gauge railways

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: Two Sister's Farm Saga

Postby chris stockdale » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:12 pm

You sure do keep busy Peter!

Cheers,

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, British branch lines GWR,anything that runs on rails really.

Postby Broadoak » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:20 am

Stockers,
I no longer exhibit Two Sister's Farm and just set it up to run occasionally in the conservatory so with the new yard being in the spare bedroom I can run this every day. The room is quite large about 14 feet x 8 feet I have a GWR standard gauge layout on the other side of the room. Now I am fully retired it keeps me interested. I am a bit stuck for suitable materials at the moment though.

Regards Peter M
Peter M

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, British branch lines GWR,anything that runs on rails really.

Postby Broadoak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:41 pm

I have managed to get a sheet of balsa wood at last. It was soft not hard balsa which I much prefer but never mind it has been used to make a loading dock. The next building to make is a small shed where the foreman can do his paperwork in the dry, in poor weather rain and so on. Not sure what it will look like yet I will make it up as I go probably. A card mock up might be best on second thoughts. Pictures in due course when there is something worth seeing.
At present I am enjoying the luxury of shunting a few wagons up and down a much longer bit of track than Two sisters as I sit at my PC.

Regards Peter M
Peter M

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Broadoak » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:23 pm

I have been able to get some balsa at last. Unfortunately it is the soft kind and I much prefer the hard sort, but never mind. I have managed to make the loading dock but need to make a structure for the foreman to do his load checking and paperwork under cover. I will take some photographs when it gets more interesting. I have made a rough mock up using card of what I think it will look like when built.
I also have added a few more items on the scrap piles, rather in the way it would happen in reality.
In the meantime a few photos of an operating session which I had recently.

Peter M
Peter M

Return to “gNot Minimum Gauge”