After a few weeks of taking the wife for physiotherapy I have now manage to get a bit more of the layout done I've added another trestle so both are now done.
I haven't made my mind up yet whether to leave the ground below them as it is or to have a water feature (sound like a gardening programme) there.
I have now started to do the rest of the scenery work. This was done by using calico as the medium, just stuck to the formers and painted with white glue to stiffen it.
The 4 squares in the corners are simply cardboard boxes turned upside down
The turnout will either end up going to a turntable or a siding (I'm still undecided yet) . The rear of the layout will be built up with buildings etc.
That's all for now. Will post some more as the layout progresses
All the best