Gn15 modules built by GnAtterboxers ... in boxes

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Trevor Coburn
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Modeling Narrow Gauge Railways,

(F) Out of Africa? -- APA

Postby Trevor Coburn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Well folks, having thought about this idea, I spent an hour in Ikea store in Bristol (a sort of retail maze) until I found them, and reduced the stock by one.

After taking some thought about the assembly I used some white glue to retain the boards.

Now has any one used the lid? I have thought about hinging it so it becomes part of the scene. Any thoughts?

The crane driver is looking just a touch bemused, as to what to do next?

At the moment I have know idea what I'm going to do in the box -- or maybe get one to go with it? (While there's still stock)
Trevor
Member of The Royal Institute of Grumpy Old Men

Trevor Coburn
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Trevor Coburn » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Well it does look like I'll have to buy another box, (a cunning plan is forming!) A mouse (or should it be lok?) hole behind the crane, to the next box... I also need to work a way of making the front hinged.

Trevor Coburn
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Trevor Coburn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Well the plan is to use the crane as a scenic break, covered in greenery, a bit like this:

I have got a photo (but can't find it!) of a 22RB with a boom that looks like a tree! By lowering the boom a little it will clear the top of the box a touch more. But there are no plans to make it work. (Life is just too short!). As to matching up with the "standard" APA box mouse holes. The chance of me getting this finished in the next several years is remote. Dont forget that my track gauge is 18.2m (Gn18) so a match to others is not relevant (well unless some one either does the same).
Trevor

Member of The Royal Institute of Grumpy Old Men

Return to “GnAtterBoxes”