BBC Get Creative

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

BBC Get Creative

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:43 pm

There has been a bit of discussion about this year long project on other forums.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/sections/get-creative

Initially I felt that model railways might not be perceived by others as suitable, but then remembered that the Royal Academy Open exhibition has a section for architectural models, and there are even some in our hobby involved in that area professionally, so it is not a million miles from art/creative activities and model railways, especially the less than orthodox models we create.
The renewed interest in Roland Emett and out links there is more ammunition for our hobby.

A new art group I am involved with was also taking about this BBC project so that is one way I might get something wacky in. :idea:
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

Re: BBC Get Creative

Postby KEG » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 am

Can´t be too difficult, to run a few toytrains through some 3 D Pictures and call it an Art Project.

I have the impression, most of todays Art Project in Museums or galleries are called "Without Title" but are insured for 20.000 upwards.

Have Fun

Juergen

Return to “Blether”