Getting pictures on here!

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Bill Reynolds
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Cycle touring, Garden Railways, Motorcycling, Gn15 and 7/8" scale.

Getting pictures on here!

Postby Bill Reynolds » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Please forgive my ignorance but can I ask about this Photobucket thingy? If I open a account and put pictures in the account do they stop in the account or does Photobucket presume to spread them into the internet?? I have come across pictures of my 7/8" scale tramway in the web in the past and I do not know at all how they got there!
Bill Reynolds..... Amalgamated Conserves....Our jam's are wonderfull...(try a spoon!)

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: Getting pictures on here!

Postby chris stockdale » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

If you load a photo pretty much anywhere onto the Internet where someone can see it it's effectively impossible to stop someone grabbing it and using it elsewhere.

Cheers,

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Re: Getting pictures on here!

Postby rue_d_etropal » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 pm

As Chris says, once on the internet you in effect lose control, so if it bothers someone then the only answer is for them to stop using the internet. I know my views on copyright are controversial, but I am just being practical. Also if someone wants to use one of my photos it does not bother me. In fact they are doing me a favour as I want to get to as many people as possible and it doesn't cost me anything or more importantly any more of my time.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “Blether”