Vertical Boiler Locomotives and Railmotors Built in Great Britain

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Vertical Boiler Locomotives and Railmotors Built in Great Britain

Postby chris stockdale » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:54 am

Fans of de Winton locomotives and similar will probably, like me, have a copy of the above titled book by A.S. Abbott on their bookshelves. They may also have the chunky (both size and price) book about de Winton too.

And now there's the opportunity to add a third excellent volume about VB locos. I was at the Llanfair Garden Railway show on Saturday and there I found (and purchased!) Vertical Boiler Locomotives and Railmotors Built in Great Britain Volume 2, published by the Industrial Loco Society.

There's a little more info in the link below, but it appears to be so new that it doesn't yet feature much when Googled. It isn't even on the ILS website amongst their own publications.

http://www.billhudsontransportbooks.co. ... &pid=12676

Cheers,

Return to “Blether”