John's Jottings

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Blackcloud Railways
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

John's Jottings

Postby Blackcloud Railways » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 pm

John's Jottings is a series of monthly letters from a model railway club "somewhere in Cheshire". It has been running for about six years as part of the Cheshire (later Connected) Railway Modellers website. As CRM has been wound up this month the Jottings are now being independently hosted as a blog.

The author of these letters is a good friend of mine who I've known since well before either of us had internet access, we're both a lot older and greyer now than we were when we first met at an exhibition in the Stockport area way back in the 1980s.

When I formed Cheshire Railway Modellers John offered to do a monthly article reporting conversations overheard at his club and at shows. The names are changed but the stories are based on actual events.

Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll cut to the chase. The blog can be found on the link below. If you've got a few moments to spare please take a look. Some of the articles are amusing, some are thought provoking, some are retrospective and others look to the future. All in all a mixed bag and you're never sure what the next edition will bring.

http://johnsjottings.webs.com

Return to “Blether”