A few Pictures from ExpoNG 2013

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, American shortlines,anything that runs on rails really.

A few Pictures from ExpoNG 2013

Postby Broadoak » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 pm

I did the Swanley show with Two Sister's farm but as I was on my own I was unable to to take many pictures. I did however manage to take one or two late in the afternoon when the crowd thinned out.

The Willowdale Light Railway.

Minbury Abbas

Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society.
Peter M

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, American shortlines,anything that runs on rails really.

Postby Broadoak » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Ever since I first saw pictures of Nottery Quay some years ago I have wanted to see the real thing.
Well now I have and I must say the pictures I have seen do not do it justice. The few pictures I took at Swanley certainly don't.
It is superbly understated but captures the feel of a small harbour and sandy beach so well.
It reminds me very much of a holiday I spent as a child in the late 1950's at Winchelsea.

I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the layout either, I had to queue late in the afternoon to get my pictures. Not bad for a layout over twenty years old.

The layout was built by Chris O'Donoghue.

Peter M

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Broadoak » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 pm

The man in the vest reminds me of someone but I can't recall who.

At the moment the management are discussing ability and enthusiasm with the driver.
Peter M

Glen A
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15, G 1:24

Postby Glen A » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Thanks for the photos Peter.
Some great layouts there.

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Postby Gerry Bullock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Here's a few that Peter didn't take, firstly the Lartigue Monorail.

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Gn15/EXPONG%202013/Swanley2013019_zps1136f8c7.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Gn15/EXPONG%202013/Swanley2013018_zpsf7af0531.jpg[/img][/img]

Click upon final one and you'll get a very poor video, cannot understand why uploading to Photobucket ruins the film.
More later when I've finished editing.
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.
http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Many thanks for the photos chaps. I've only ever made it to the show once :cry: and that was when I lived in the south east. Now that I'm in Shropshire it's a bit too far.

Cheers,

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Dave Brewer Challenge

Postby Gerry Bullock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:31 pm

So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.

http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Broadoak » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:42 pm

The winner was Windrush Wharf Gerry.

I must say I liked the little tile manufacturer, but not an easy decision for the judges to pick the winner out of those two. they were both very good.
Peter M

MickT
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: 15" gauge and related railways Estate (Heywood) and Passenger/Pleasure (Greenly) types. Interest in 09 and 4mm scale 10¼" modelling (1n10¼?) and outside the scope of Gnatterbox, 009

Postby MickT » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:37 am

Gerry,

The one you missed was A Cut Above The Rest, by David Bumstead, depicting a lawnmower factory. It didn't arrive after you took the photos as David is the young chap in the blue jumper with the layout that can be partly made out on the left of your first photo!

I'll have photos of all of these in my photo report as soon as I can reach the summit of the mountain of snaps taken on the day than need to be resized and cropped etc! Working on it!

Mick

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 pm

love the cheese one :lol:
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Booga
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow and minimum gauge railways, currently modelling O-16.5 but this site inspires me.

Postby Booga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Peter and Gerry, thank you for sharing these photos. I didn't make it to Swanley in the end. My ambitious plans of visiting my mum in Surrey, then doing Swanley and going on to Basildon for radio controlled car racing were scuppered by my mothers ability to make cups of tea and conversation! :lol:
Hello, I'm Dave.

So many modelling ideas, so little money!

Return to “Blether”