My mistake !

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Christian
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Gn15 is a free world !

My mistake !

Postby Christian » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 am

The GnATTERbox is the greatest forum that I ever found. It's very friendly and I really like to read all your threads.
But I made a big mistake. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Every time I tried to build something in Gn15, I failed.
All I got is a full box of junk ! In fact, I absolutely can't play in Gn15.
My last thread about my critter is a complete disaster. A moderator can delete it.
I apologize for the big mistake that I made. Many thanks for all your advices and your patience.
That's the reason why I must leave the GnATTERbox. Goodbye everybody !
Best regards.

And now, fire at will ! :lol:
Make today a great day ! :D :D :D

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 am

There is nothing wrong in failure. Think positive, not negative. The greatest business people, inventors, creators, artists and intellectuals all leaned more from their mistakes than succeeding.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Catweasel
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow Gauge Railways,Folk and Blues etc.

My Mistake

Postby Catweasel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Oh ye of little faith. We all make mistakes. The most experienced of us (and I don't include myself) make mistakes. We learn from them. That's what makes us good at what we do.I've been trying for years to make the perfect model. I'll be trying for a few years yet. Don't give up. We are here to help you. You only have to post a question and some one, some where, will have an answer.
Lead me not into temptation,for I can find my own way

terrystrains
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Model Railways from TT to Gn15.

Postby terrystrains » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Its a real shame that Gn15.info is off line. That would have shown you how we all began many years ago, when Gn15 first began using any bits and pieces we could adapt from our parts boxes. For example, my first loco was the Hornby 4 wh diesel plus a couple of wagons made from balsa wood or plastic on Hornby wagon chassis's. Track was any set track which sleepers removed. We all progressed from similar starts.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 pm

I still use those techniques, in particular OO track with alternative sleepers removed.
I am not looking for perfection, just something that looks right to me. The big problem with trying to get everything perfect, is that you have to get everything to same level, and there is always some part which does not look right.
For me as long as the trains actually run OK, then that is good enough. I have seen too many attempts at perfection which don't work properly at exhibitions.
I still enjoy a challenge, but there is no guarantee of success. Sometimes you have to compromise.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Mark Goodwin
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner

Postby Mark Goodwin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Christian,

I was looking forward to seeing your finished loco ! The fun with modelling in this scale, and with the jovial bunch in this forum, is that everything we all do is appreciated by all. Remember, everything you create is unique. Please stay, continue building and share what you create, and don't worry what people think. Remember what Jeurgen says, "Have fun". Rivet counters don't have giant hamsters with their trains !!

Kind regards,
Mark :lol: :lol:

underworld
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: narrow gauge everything...and standard gauge too!!!

Postby underworld » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 am

Christian,
Thomas Edison failed something like a thousand times while trying to figure out what to use for a filament for the incandescent light bulb. Sometimes people think they've failed and they haven't.....it's a process of learning and discovery

Violet
http://www.myspace.com/underworldimage
Currently on tour with Sleeper Cell

Sleeper Cell new album out soon!

Listen for me mornings 5:30-10 89Xradio.com
Shooting video for MTVs Making Of A Metal Band

Return to “Blether”