Questions about flight sims and computer stuff

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Questions about flight sims and computer stuff

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:50 am

Hey, y'all here who do flight sims and computer stuff - questions for ya.
The givens:
1. I have a railroad simulator, Trainz 2006, on here and that's it in sims.
2. Dad, having been a pilot for a couple years, (Grandad Wood was a general aviation pilot for a long time) for decades has several different flight sims. Which I've occasionally played with when visiting.
3. Occasionally I ponder getting a flight simulator for my own box of bits and bytes here.
4. Have messy health, hands, eyes, and brain, which occasionally serisously curtail both plastic model time and computer time.
5. I am by no means a computer geek - by no means - and with my health I get very frustrated very quick when faced with unclear computer stuff, or unclear any other stuff in life for that matter.
6. This computer's relevant stats -->
is from 2009.
(and I only know the following because of the sticker on the side)
Is an HP a6700y.
processor is AMD Phenom X4 9150e Quad core
4 GB system memory
500 GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics
64 bit edition Windows Vista
7.? What flight sims will it run?
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

Return to “Blether”