Good Wishes from a Resurected Lurker

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

FarrtheSteam
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Whimsy, Steam and Welsh Gnarrow Gauge

Good Wishes from a Resurected Lurker

Postby FarrtheSteam » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi Everyone, firstly apologies, I 'm gnot as gnew as I should be to post here. I joined years ago but family, farm and faff (working for someone else) meant Gnellie languished in the locomotive works. But an accident at work means I gnow work with my family and friends whilst gneeding periods of rest for chronic pain in my leg. So after a break (of an ankle!) and a reassessment of life's priorities, the locomotive works are open again, and the head engineer is busy blowing down pipes an gnocking wheels.

Thankyou guys for the smiles and laughs you have given me during recuperation, and heres to a few more as the Whimsey and Tinkering Locomotive Works return to work.

best wishes

Simon
Once upon a time in the top right-hand corner of Wales there was a railway.......

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: Good Wishes from a Resurected Lurker

Postby chris stockdale » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi Simon,

Welcome and congratulations on ‘uncloaking’.

Lots of fun still to be had, but, as we are quiet these days in the Gnatterbox I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention there is a group on Facebook majoring in Gn15, G9 and any minimal gauge activity in and scale or gauge you care to mention. You can find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114811365587118/

It’s not dramatically busy either, but worth dropping by. There are quite a few Gnatterbox ‘old lags’ to be found there.

Cheers,

FarrtheSteam
'boxer
'boxer

Postby FarrtheSteam » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi Chris.
thank you for the welcome, and thanks for pointing out other communities, but I shall be focusing here as, although I lurked for years, I do feel thanks and loyalty to the Gnatterbox for the laughs and atmosphere its contributors have given me overly recuperative years, thank you all. Right, the Wimsey and Tinkering Locomotive Works may been reopened but in true Whimsey and Tinkering fashion the history has yet to be created for the line that needs the rolling stock, so onwards and ........ sideways!

Farr the Steam of GNorth Wales
Once upon a time in the top right-hand corner of Wales there was a railway.......

lesmond
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: Narrow gauge of all types, Gn15 most recently, making models with a budget of £0.00

Postby lesmond » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello & welcome back, Simon :D

Les
"Because I Can"

FarrtheSteam
'boxer
'boxer

Postby FarrtheSteam » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 pm

thank you Les,

best wishes

Simon

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”