Its been a long time............

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

WaterleyShunter
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Location: Brigstow, UK, EU, Planet Three, Sol, Outer Orion, Alpha Quadrant
Interests: Narrow & minimum gauge railways full size & model, agriculture, cycling, science fiction

Its been a long time............

Postby WaterleyShunter » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Anyone remember me?

Its been a very hard year. :cry:

There has been a series of serious personal problems, along with ongoing family upheaval and a serious injury which is leaving me one-handed potentially for months.

I also took to trying out other hobbies due to ongoing dissatisfaction with Waterley Bank Estate Farm due to intractable issues with progressing it because of serious flaws in the design and generally having made it hard for myself from the outset with the choices made on it. And my general difficulty in getting anything finished.

Maybe I will continue that project, maybe I will start anew with a dead simple, totally 'inside the railway fence', 'micro-module' scheme I am devising. In any case I intend to continue to improve and expand on my locomotive and rolling stock fleet, perhaps upgrading to DCC, sort out somewhere to run them, and share progress thereon.

That is, unless things have fundamentally changed here and I just didn't notice when logging back in............ :twisted:

I hope this message finds you all well and happily modelling.

All the best

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: Its been a long time............

Postby chris stockdale » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi Daffyd,

I certainly remember you. Sorry that life has not been good for you. As you can see we look a little different thanks to Tom running the show with some slightly different kit; but we're otherwise the same good old Gnatterbox.

Welcome back!

cheers,

WaterleyShunter
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Location: Brigstow, UK, EU, Planet Three, Sol, Outer Orion, Alpha Quadrant
Interests: Narrow & minimum gauge railways full size & model, agriculture, cycling, science fiction

Postby WaterleyShunter » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Thank you. :)

Same good place, indeed so. Already been reading piles of interesting new stuff here. Of all the hobbies that can be enjoyed at home, nothing seems to have the same depth, balance, variety and scope as railway modelling.

fatmac
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Free Open Source Software, Cycling, & model railways in the larger scales

Postby fatmac » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Sorry to hear you've been having problems, welcome back.
Just Playing Trains!

lesmond
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge of all types, Gn15 most recently, making models with a budget of £0.00

Postby lesmond » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi Daffyd,

We've never "met" but welcome back. I've been a member here for ages but have only recently done anything in Gn15.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time.

Les
"Because I Can"

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Postby docnjoj » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi Daffyd
I to have been away for a long while. Welcome back.
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”