New bassoonist on the block

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Wayne Gaver
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Very small model railroad layouts

New bassoonist on the block

Postby Wayne Gaver » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. Recently retired, and now an avocational bassoonist and contrabassoonist, talk about being Gnutts. I have always had an interest in model railroading, but it was not till I found Carl's website that I saw it was possible to have fun in a really small space. It is a great loss to us all that he is no longer with us. I hope his family have found how well he was loved worldwide. It was through Carl's site that I found this batch of mixed Gnutts that Really seam to know how to have fun in railroading. I have been lurking for awhile, but decided to take the plunge and join in on some of the fun. Thinking of starting small to gain some confidence. Maybe something along the line of Steve's Simplicity Sidings, so much with so little. I really admire the craftsmanship that so many of you have. I'm sure I'll be the one asking questions, but should anyone have any bassoon questions let me know.
Wayne

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi Wayne,

Welcome!

You immediately sound like you'll fit in here well amongst a great group of Gnutters.

I had to look up contrabassoon - looks impressive.

Alas, as you may have heard elsewhere, Carl is no longer with us :cry: having gone to play trains with that big set in the sky just a few days ago.

regards,

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”