A Scotsman checks in

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

backwaterscotland
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Emett-esque GN15

A Scotsman checks in

Postby backwaterscotland » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Folks,
I've been lurking around here for a week or two and thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm Andy and new to GN15 but not to modelling.

I'm a member over on RMweb and also a DEMU and Scottish Modellers member so some of you may have come across my ramblings before or seen me lurking behind some EMU kits on the DEMU stand at Scottish model shows.

My main interests are modelling the Scottish Highlands in the mid 1970s and Strathclyde region in the late 80s, both in 00 gauge but I kept coming across the Smallbrook Studios Emmett kits and it nagged at the back of my mind. So I thought I'd dip my toe in to GN15 as a diversion from building EMUs.

Rather than diving straight into an Emmett kit, I went for a cheap option to start with and I've sort-of followed Bilco's excellent instructions for making a baby Simplex from an underground ernie unit. I'll put up a thread on that once I get some real progress done.

Cheers

Andy
8)

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: A Scotsman checks in

Postby chris stockdale » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 pm

backwaterscotland wrote:So I thought I'd dip my toe in to GN15 as a diversion from building EMUs.

Hi Andy,

Gn15 is definitely likely to be a touch different from EMUs. I hope you enjoy it and all things minimum gauge to be found in here.

bestest

Bilco
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: 7mm & 16mm NG, Gn15

Postby Bilco » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Gnuthouse. I'm glad that you have been able to get some inspiration from my efforts and I look forward to seeing how your model progresses.

There is certainly plenty of inspiration on this Forum, and Gerry's Virtual Exhibition is well worth a good look through. Everyone is very friendly, and you'll always find someone to help with advice. But be warned, Gn15 is seriously addictive!
Bill

If at first you don't succeed, cheat.
Too soon old, too late smart.

https://sites.google.com/site/myoldlayouts/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149926300@N07/albums

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”