A belated 'How Do?'

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

MrPlantpot
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: I likes anyfink wiv wheels, I duz. At the moment I am building a Narrow Gauge Layout, 1/32 scale on 16.5mm (0n16.5) track.

A belated 'How Do?'

Postby MrPlantpot » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Hello everybody, I'm Steve, and I'm completely potty!

I joined the group in November '11 after doing a Googly search for loco cab details, and finding a piccy that was in a post on here.
I already have 29 posts to my name, but having a spare 5 minutes I read "New Here? Read this first" :oops: ...... Thought it might be a nice idea to say 'Hi'
I'm not new to modelling, having started with Airfix stuff back in the 70's, but I am newish to railways in general, and even newer to Gn15. As I've put in my signature, I'm trying 1:32 scale narrow gauge; inspired by Christopher Payne's 'Port Pyn' after reading about t in Railway Modeller, circa '95. He won't remember me, but I did meet him at an exhibition about that time. I have however been unable to do any modelling for about 10 years, and am starting again from scratch.
I feel the urge to attempt a Gn15 critter, partly in order to 'fit in'; but also to see what I'm missing out on :wink:
I will be doing an SBS, so would like some advice as to where to start the thread (does it just go in Modelling Matters?). All coments cheerfully accepted :D
My Mum calls me Steve.
1:32 on 16·5mm track. Gnot strictly minimum gauge... but it is the minimum that I'm working with !
And now... a critter in 1/24th... from scratch!

Jon Randall
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: Narrow gauge railways, modelling

Postby Jon Randall » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Welcome Steve 8)
Any Gn15 modelling does indeed go in Modelling Matters.
Please post your 1:32 scale on 16.5mm track in gNot Minimum Gauge.
Be warned though Gn15 is addictive, next will be some wagons, then will be a small layout and before you know it, you'll have a barn full :roll:
Enjoy your pottering :lol:
Jon Randall

Needs to stop procrastinating and start modelling

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Re: A belated 'How Do?'

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm

MrPlantpot wrote:Hello everybody, I'm Steve, and I'm completely potty! :D

You'll fit in just fine with my collection of singing potatoes, welcome aboard 8)
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

jacko
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: model railways ng

Postby jacko » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:17 pm

I feel the urge to attempt a Gn15 critter, partly in order to 'fit in';
dose anybody fit in as we all model to the same standard our best :lol:
if we all modeled the same what a sad bunch we would be, we all do our own thing here (no offence ment to all members and lurkers)
jacko

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”