With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)
Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 pm
- Interests: Model railroading
Thanks to Bob Roegge I'm a recent convert to Gn15. Already have 2 chassis for locos, bachmann On30 industrial engine and bachmann On30 trolly. Bob set up a display in the Ames Iowa area over the weekend and had several people interested in what he is doing. I'm truly looking forward to a model railroad where I can just have fun and not worry about rivet counting. I plan on participating on the forum a lot in the future.
- Seasoned Campaigner
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm
- Location: Western New Zealand
- Interests: Gn15 (1:24), 7/8ths (1:12) and 0n28 (1:43)
We don't give out badges for rivet counting on here!!!!
Welcome - and remember to have fun.
The Steamy Pudding (in progress)
West of Worcester (in progress)
Waikikamukau Sawmilling (planned)
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:44 am
- Location: Market Drayton, Shropshire, UK
- Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)
Gn15 - the perfect antidote to elections (
) and rivets.
- Posts: 829
- Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:06 am
- Location: Wellington New Zealand
- Interests: Railways, of course. Cricket , Footy and Holden cars!
Stan wrote: Ames Iowa area
I was over that way last month (Boone, actually). Iowa is quite a nice area. Welcome to the nut house.
Gn15 Gnu Zealand
- GnatterBox Centurion
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:15 pm
- Location: West Africa & (sometimes) N.Somerset UK
- Interests: Modeling Narrow Gauge Railways,
Welcome Stan, I'm pretty sure you'll find us a friendly bunch. As to rivet counting.........there's some that are trying to farm them!
Member of The Royal Institute of Grumpy Old Men
- GnatterBox Centurion
- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:40 pm
- Location: Papillion, Nebraska USA
- Interests: Gn15 modeler
Welcome to the wonderful world of fun modeling. You can build in a scale manner or silly manner as you saw at the Boone trainshow. I had a wonderful time and glad I influenced you.
- Posts: 668
- Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:13 am
- Location: Minnesota
- Interests: Railways, photography and maintaining my Englishness living in America
Iowa? Heck that's pretty well next door to me in central Minnesota
- True GnATTERbox
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:53 pm
- Location: Taunton, Somerset
- Interests: All things narrow gauge and crusty.
Hello and welcome. I have a personal fascination with Iowa, Tractors and grain elevators, so feel free to post as many pics as you want!
I am a rivet counter I am afraid, only I end up loosing half the darn things on the carpet once I've made them. Ho-hum.
In Rust, I Trust.
Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest