Hello from somerset!

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

bonneville
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: All things narrow gauge and crusty.

Hello from somerset!

Postby bonneville » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello everone, My name is Alex, and I'm fairly Gnew to this narrow gauge lark, so be gentle!

I have been railway modelling for about 20 years, with standard gauge US, European and British outlines, I also have a passion for military and Farm modelling in 1:32 and 1:35 scales, and have Two modelmaking businesses, One for military and one for custom railway models.

I stumbled across this forum whilst researching some narrow gauge equipment, and I have to say that I'm now completely hooked on estate and industrial narrow gauge, thanks to mssrs Bennett and Broadoak.
I have also sucessfully lured a close friend into modelling the larger scales in narrow gauge and both of us are enjoying this more relaxed style of railway modelling immensely. The standard of modelling on this forum is fantastic, and the fine folks here seem to be having lots more fun in what they're doing, which to me, is what this hobby is all about.

My main interest seems to lie in 1:32 scratchbuilding, but I am also dabbling in 1:24 as well, as I enjoy the detailing part of the hobby, and these larger scales do leave the door open wide to all sorts of detailing and weathering projects.

I'm also a total rust junkie, and have always been fascinated by industrial and horticultural machinery, and how to model convincingly.

Thankyou for letting be a part of your community, and I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Alex :D
Alex Housego.

In Rust, I Trust.

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, American shortlines,anything that runs on rails really.

Postby Broadoak » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Alex welcome to the forum. :)

I am delighted you have found my ramblings of some interest.
Peter M

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Alex,

Plenty of rusty old stuff in here (and there's some models too :D )

Beware, estate railways are addictive - but great fun.

bestest,

Tomo
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Gn15 and Micro Layouts

Postby Tomo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

bonneville
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: All things narrow gauge and crusty.

Postby bonneville » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello gents, thankyou for the welcome.

Broadoak, your layout and scratchbuilt locos in 1:32 scale have been instrumental in me starting narrow gauge modelling. The photos of your layout link together three of my most favourite things: Tractors, crusty narrow gauge locos and military vehicles. Genius.

I showed my wife the photos you posted on here, and although impressed, she gave me that " here comes another project" look . Oops. :wink:

Like I needed more distractions........
Alex Housego.

In Rust, I Trust.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome to the gNuthouse.
You will find quite a few of us also dabble in 1/32 or 1/35 . Certainly some recognisable names on the FS32 forum.
For Gn15 there is a possible military modelling project, as 40cm gauge was used in French trenches during WW1. Unfortunately only hand worked so not a lot of potential, except as a diorama. There is also less available for military modeller in 1/24, which is why I am shifting sideways to 1/35 for current project.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

FairlieCrazee
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Cats, Narrow Gauge, Doll Houses, Modelmaking, Large Scales, Theatre, Music, Art, Technical Design.

Postby FairlieCrazee » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 am

I'm new here too ! they all seem lovley though ! xx
Art Music and Love is all I need !

Nikki xx

Jon Randall
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: Narrow gauge railways, modelling

Postby Jon Randall » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 am

Welcome Alex :)
Jon Randall

Needs to stop procrastinating and start modelling