Done lurking; Hi from South East London !

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

dingbat2d
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: 009, Gn15, GNine

Done lurking; Hi from South East London !

Postby dingbat2d » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi all

Went to EXPO NG in Swanley, Kent last year and re ignited my interest in narrow gauge. I've been lurking for a few months now and finally decided to take the plunge after I found members putting layouts in APA boxes. Spooky because I've got two in my loft waiting for the 'right' project.
G9, GN15 or both...
Hope to touch base with some of you at Swanley this year if not sooner..

Kevin

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Kevin,

As you've spotted this is a great place to be. Minimum gauge gives you all sorts of excuses/reasons to create something small that just might have been.

Welcome to our world.

Cheers,

WaterleyShunter
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Location: Brigstow, UK, EU, Planet Three, Sol, Outer Orion, Alpha Quadrant
Interests: Narrow & minimum gauge railways full size & model, agriculture, cycling, science fiction

Postby WaterleyShunter » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Chris Stockdale wrote:Minimum gauge gives you all sorts of excuses/reasons to create something small that just might have been.

Or is still to come :?:

Welcome Kevin.

I like your idea of a combined Gn15/G9 layout, you could even make it dual gauge (Tillig supply a full range of 16.5mm+9mm gauge flexitrack, pointwork and escapes (disclamatoria vulgaris)).

Churz,

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”