A lurker signs in

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

fatmac
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Free Open Source Software, Cycling, & model railways in the larger scales

A lurker signs in

Postby fatmac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:01 am

Hi all,

Been lurking for a couple of weeks (or maybe months now), so just thought I'd say hello & thanks for your postings.

I have recently returned to railway modelling, (never actually created a layout before).

First I bought '00' but felt it wasn't 'right', and am now in the process of building a small '0' gauge layout.

Now what do I do with the '00' stock & track, so I'm thinking, I might as well join the Gnutters & put some fun back into my Gnew hobby.

So I am now trawling through the forum looking for ideas to steal/copy.

Happy modelling.

Fatmac.
Just Playing Trains!

NotHarryPotter
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: On15, On30, 9mm NG, Gn15

A lurker signs in

Postby NotHarryPotter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 am

Welcome Fatmac,

I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration here! :D

This is a damned impertinent question, but do you intend to continue in OO, or are you looking to convert to Gn15?

It doesn't matter a fig, just keep on enjoying your hobby whatever you decide...hell do both if you like, it is your railway,

regards
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." -- Groucho Marx

Geoff

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: A lurker signs in

Postby chris stockdale » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 am

fatmac wrote:
So I am now trawling through the forum looking for ideas to steal/copy.

It's the best way :D

Lots of fun, cheap, simple and enjoyable stuff in here, so welcome to our world.

Bestest,

fatmac
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Free Open Source Software, Cycling, & model railways in the larger scales

Postby fatmac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

@NotHarryPotter

I was thinking of using some of the '00' as the basis for a GN15 layout of some sort.

I've got an 0-6-0 diesel loco (DCC) to convert into something, & a load of LWB wagons that can be used as well.

I need to find, or make, some kind of figure to get a feel for the size.

I seem to like 'micro' layouts, so I reckon GN15 is going to work for me.

Edit: I can't stand 'rivet counters'; I'm glad that they don't show up on here. :D
Just Playing Trains!

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 pm

fatmac wrote:
Edit: I can't stand 'rivet counters'; I'm glad that they don't show up on here. :D

Oh don't get the wrong idea about us, we do count rivets :twisted: It's just that we just don't care if we get a different total each time we count them :lol: :mrgreen:
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”