A new member

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Dawdawes
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Fancy modelling bigger in smaller spaces

A new member

Postby Dawdawes » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 am

Hello to all.
My names Dave Dawes (dawdawes) and have been an avid N scale modeller for many years with most of my layouts getting into the Continental Modeller. I am also a follower of narrow gauge railways and a member of the Narrow Gauge railway society.
My friends in Wakefield (Cromford models) keep on at me to put my skills into larger models but i just dont have the space,he says,ha ha at last,Big scale small space, as the saying goes.
No excuses now have i with Gn15 and the great kits around.
It will be based on a Nursery as my gramp was head gardner many years ago on hall barn estates, so i will use that as my bassis.
What controls do you guys use and whats the best places for figures buldings and power units.
many thanks
Dave

Artizen
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: Gn15 (1:24), 7/8ths (1:12) and 0n28 (1:43)

Postby Artizen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:16 am

I am currently using DCC but switching to RC shortly on my Gn15 layout. Figures you can make yourself or buy from the likes of Preiser etc. Buildings are usually hand made to fit the layout.

This is a very hands-on scale!
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding (in progress)
West of Worcester (in progress)
Waikikamukau Sawmilling (planned)
Brisbane, Australia

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 am

Welcome to the Gnuthouse Dave :) A nursery is a good basis for a layout :)

I mainly use Gaugemaster controllers, but I think there are Gnearly as many different types of control/controllers in use as there are active members :mrgreen: Figures can be found from Pola/Prieser, or there are the Chinese copies (ebay). Pola do buildings, but they can be expensive, most people build their own. A good source of items can be found from 1/24th scale Dolls House accessory suppliers.
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

KEG
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: creative Nonsense

Postby KEG » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Welcome,

Our users have posted a total of 47648 articles

Most of your questions probably have been answered in here already.

A very comprehensive list of figure sources can be found here. http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=238

Have Fun

Juergen

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Gnatterbox. You may already have seen this thread about a railway at a nursery, but just in case you haven't:

http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=6257

cheers,

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”