Old Guy signing in.....

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Larry Gant
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Gn15 and other narrow gauge scales. Also urban modeling in HO standard gauge.

Old Guy signing in.....

Postby Larry Gant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:46 am

javascript:emoticon(':D') Hi everyone, I am Larry Gant, retired, living in the Black Hills of South Dakota, USA. Before retiring I lived in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Back then I modeled in "G" scale outdoors.
Ian Holmes, a member of this forum I believe, gave a clinic at a open day on my "G" layout. This was my first introduction to Gn15. I bought two sets of Gn15 trains from HERB DEEKS but failed to do anything with them. I also have a stash of unused HOn30 stock and some On30 as well. A space will be opening this fall due to our daughter getting married and leaving the house. I hope to build small layouts for all three of my unused scales in this new area.

I haven't seen much of anything in the way of American theme layouts on the GnATTERbox, is this by plan or coincidence. Will I be out of step if I build such a layout and post about it on this forum?

Larry Gant
Larry Gant... I keep guessing, hoping for a correct answer once in a while.

Tomo
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Gn15 and Micro Layouts

Postby Tomo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 am

Welcome to you Larry, and your plans for an American style layout. The GnATTERbox is the home of various styles and gauges!

Tomo

Trevor Coburn
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Modeling Narrow Gauge Railways,

Postby Trevor Coburn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:51 am

Welcome to the forum Larry,

No problem about having American themed layouts / models. There is room here for all!

Trev.
Trevor
Member of The Royal Institute of Grumpy Old Men

Larry Gant
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Gn15 and other narrow gauge scales. Also urban modeling in HO standard gauge.

Postby Larry Gant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 am

Wonderful, then the way is clear for my plans to build U.S. style. Since I now live near the site of the former Homestake Gold Mine (now a underground laboratory looking for "dark matter") I will make one of my layouts a rendition of, what else, a gold mine.

Another will serve a private estate on a island. I know this is not too original but I have fantasized about winning a large lottery and having a rail served home on a island.

Haven't decided on the third layouts theme yet.

Oztrainz
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: narrow gauge railways & modelling same

Postby Oztrainz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Larry,
Welcome to the Gnuthouse - "Homestake" has been mentioned here previously, and will turn up some interesting stuff in the Seach facility. as will "Eimco" (for boggers and air locos). Several people here are into mining and can point you to other information.
Glen Anthony's 'Stamping Ground layout is probably a good place to start for all things metalliferous in Gn15.
John Garaty
Murphy was an optimist

Larry Gant
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Larry Gant » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I think I will start with the HERB DEEKS Gn15 trains first. It may take a while before I have much to show but I hope to post something every so often.

LG

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”