Stopped resisting and join in

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Steve Holland
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge railways (WHR and FR in particular), Gn15, 16mm/ft, 7mm/ft, too much going on in life to have a website to look after!

Stopped resisting and join in

Postby Steve Holland » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 pm

After a long time wondering whether to start yet another scale/gauge combination I have finally taken the plunge and started some Gn15 modelling. That is was well as the 7mm NG, 16mm NG and German O scale. I reckon if I start posting some progress photos it will force me to actually finish something. I recently 'discovered' my 7mm scale War Department Baldwin kit, around 23 years old and still unfinished!
I have got a couple of Bagnall 'Sipat' 3D prints and need a home for them so I have started work on a loco shed (just a few bits of foam core, balsa and Das plus a few hours carving).
Image Image
The first wall took about 8 hours to carve - only another 7 wall surfaces to go. :shock:
Steve Holland

Keep banging the rocks together

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Welcome Steve. That's a nice start. I'm always full of admiration for those of you who have the patience to do stuff like scribing walls.

Bestest,

Steve Holland
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge railways (WHR and FR in particular), Gn15, 16mm/ft, 7mm/ft, too much going on in life to have a website to look after!

Postby Steve Holland » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks Chris.
I find carving some stonework to be quite therapeutic after a day at work. Trouble is there is Das dust everywhere - on my clothes, the table and my camera is changing colour from black to a pale grey! :lol:
Steve Holland

Keep banging the rocks together

Jon Randall
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: Narrow gauge railways, modelling

Postby Jon Randall » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Welcome Steve and Gnice start 8)
Jon Randall

Needs to stop procrastinating and start modelling

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”