A gnother gnew member!

With apologies to Flanders and Swann (The Gnu Song, if you must know), this forum is for all those "Hi", "Howdy" and "This is who I am" messages. If you're introducing yourself, please start a new topic (unless your somebody else's alter-ego, in which case seek professional help)

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

A gnother gnew member!

Postby Nevadablue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Hello from GNevada! :D I'm a retired (and just tired) miner and mechanic who enjoys all things mechanical. I had back surgery last fall and decided to take on some less strenuous activities, like model building, small engines and trains. I've made a few models and have more in the works.

My interests are G Scale 45mm trains and 1:24 or so buildings and people. I am collecting parts for 25mm track as a narrow gauge for mining, and now I guess I need to look at Gn track too.

My plans for layouts include lumber/logging and mining.

I've been enjoying the forum for several months and finally took the step of joining. Hope I can learn more from all of you and contribute a few things myself.
Ken

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:28 am

Hey there :) Am in Missouri. We have folks from all over the planet in here.
The varioius Gn__ scale and guage combos are a blast, you will enjoy, trust me.
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Ken,

Welcome to our world. Plenty of info in here as you'll already have spotted.

If you need anything, just ask.

cheers,

fatmac
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Free Open Source Software, Cycling, & model railways in the larger scales

Postby fatmac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:28 am

Welcome aboard.
Just Playing Trains!

Return to “You really ought to gnow your who's wahoo”