Tidying up the 15" gauge posts fora (+insanity poll)

Where I come clean and explain what I've done (moving posts around and the like).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Do you consider yourself to be sane?

I accept that I am insane
49%
I believe myself to be sane
5%
Wibble
46%

Total votes: 39

Emrys
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Model railways, photography, website design

Tidying up the 15" gauge posts fora (+insanity poll)

Postby Emrys » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 pm

The keen eyed amongst you may have spotted a new forum at the bottom of the page. The plan is to move threads which are currently sitting in the "Gn15 (or gnear enough)" category but which don't actually relate to Gn15/minimum gauge railways to this separate area.

Why there are posts on a Gn15 forum about (what I consider to be) broad gauge railways is another matter, but then I've always suspected that a significant percentage of GnATTERboxers are technically insane (I know I am).

Purely for interest's sake, I've added a poll to see if my suspicion is well founded. Note the lack of a "I am sane" option. :lol:

Edit 28/10: Following the feedback I'll carry on tweaking/renaming/reordering things to (hopefully) smooth things over again. If you spot me at ExpoNG this weekend feel free to suggest a name for the new forum which will be acceptable to everybody (and complain about my poor attempts at humour). At least I appear to have been correct as far as the poll goes ... :-)
Last edited by Emrys on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emrys Hopkins

Geno6309
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: NG,Sports Cars,Anything with 'fiddly bits' inside

Postby Geno6309 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Emrys
I consider myself to be Semi-normal, able to function in ordinary society without attracting too much negative attention. Just glad to see there are others in the same group.
"I'm not building a model of a railroad. I'm building a caricature of one." Bill Livingston, Venango Valley RR, RMC 1971
Words to live by.
Gene Walker
www.fcdetc.blogspot.com

Blackcloud Railways
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Blackcloud Railways » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Geno6309 wrote:I consider myself to be Semi-normal, able to function in ordinary society without attracting too much negative attention.

Define normal! :twisted:

The ability to function in ordinary society probably means bordering on insane (from either side of the border, doesn't matter which really). :D :wink:

Oztrainz
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: narrow gauge railways & modelling same

Postby Oztrainz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Gnot UGn-Gnormal :D :D :D :D

I think that just may have set my poll answer :wink:
John Garaty
Murphy was an optimist

Geno6309
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Geno6309 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Bob,
My friend the Psychiatrist came to our race group breakfast one Saturday morning and pronounced us all sane enough to stand trial. :cry: The unfortunate part is another member is a Judge. :shock: So this leaves me without a plea in our court system. :cry: Since I can't plead insanity I'm stuck with semi. :roll:
"I'm not building a model of a railroad. I'm building a caricature of one." Bill Livingston, Venango Valley RR, RMC 1971

Words to live by.

Gene Walker

www.fcdetc.blogspot.com

DCRfan
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Very narrow gauge, military & industrial railways

Postby DCRfan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 pm

I am Gnot insane but do you gnow there are some people out there who are interested in railways wider than a Sir Arfors standard - just imagine the folly of such a belief. :wink:
Paul
Gnu Zealand

Blackcloud Railways
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Blackcloud Railways » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Geno6309 wrote:Bob,
My friend the Psychiatrist came to our race group breakfast one Saturday morning ...

Ah! That would explain a lot. Here in the UK there are notices telling people not to go to doctor's surgeries if they are ill, in case the doctor's catch it to (I kid you not, it's the panic over swine flu). Obviously your friendly Trick Cyclist has caught something off one of his patients and is now as nutty as the rest of us. :D

Blackcloud Railways
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Blackcloud Railways » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I was going to edit my previous post for grammar and spelling, but there's no edit button. :?

Please ignore the grocer's apostrophe (Doctor's) and add an extra o to the word to later in the same sentence so that it reads too.

Geno6309
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Geno6309 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Bob
The Trick Cyclist races a Formula Ford at an age of 60 years [his age not the car]. We're mostly sure his oars don't go all the way to the water.

Words to live by.

Gene Walker

www.fcdetc.blogspot.com

commerlad
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Narrow Gauge Obviously

Postby commerlad » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Ok who said they believe themselves to be sane

Own up there's only one of you

PS If you see a second hand or hear someone else saying me, you definitely are not :twisted:
Sometimes I think laterally, Then I have to get up.

Mark in UK

Return to “Things I've done”