new figures from ICM

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

new figures from ICM

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:15 pm

just noticed these proposed 1/24th scale figures on ICM site, obviously to go with their Model T Ford kits
http://www.icm.com.ua/news/379-henry-fordco-3-figures.html
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

Re: new figures from ICM

Postby Nevadablue » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:44 am

Those are neat. That's one of the worst websites I've seen though. Slow and jerky and then I find out they don't sell anything. Not your fault Simon, sorry for griping... I'm looking at what the US distributor may have now. They don't list anything in 1:24.

Does anyone know how to force this website to open links in a new tab or window by default? I keep losing the website when I close the linked site. I can never remember that THIS website was not open any more. grrr...
Ken

steerngo
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: most itams ng

Postby steerngo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:53 am

Is there a UK distributer Simon

Ken

backwaterscotland
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Emett-esque GN15

Postby backwaterscotland » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:32 am

Nevadablue wrote:
Does anyone know how to force this website to open links in a new tab or window by default? I keep losing the website when I close the linked site. I can never remember that THIS website was not open any more. grrr...

Right click on link (or press and hold on a tablet) and choose "open in new window" or "open in new tab" are the only options I've found, phbBB doesn't seems to have an option for defaulting to open in a new window (that I've found at least!)

Andy 8)

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 am

I have not had problems getting hold of ICM kits, quite often through eBay, but always worth checking Creative Models who distribute a lot of models, but some are distributed by Pocketbond. Although there has never been any confirmation, and as both ICM and MiniArt are based in Ukraine, I have noticed some similarity in some kits , or parts of kits. Developing injection moulds is not cheap, so some collaboration is desirable. One thing that does puzzle me is that you quite often see their kits on sale in China/Asia online, and how can it make financial sense to transport from Ukraine to Asia to then sell to the world.
I have often found it easier to buy new kits direct from Ukraine, and for Polish companies, Poland.

The ICM site might seem clunky, just try the Roden site, as it has even less info. luckily many companies are following example set by MiniArt and developing very helpful websites. Seeing what you get in a kit before buying is very useful, and sometimes stops you buying unnecessary duplicates.

There does seem to be a renewed interest in 1/24th scale kits, which is good for us. Mainly civilian as well, and hopefully more figures and accessories. A nice garage set to go with the cars and figures?
==================================================
Just had another look at ICM website, and there is a distributors page, and H.G. Hannant Limited are UK distributors.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Steve Holland
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge railways (WHR and FR in particular), Gn15, 16mm/ft, 7mm/ft, too much going on in life to have a website to look after!

Postby Steve Holland » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Henry Ford and two mates turned up in the post today. I got mine from Hannants https://www.hannants.co.uk - it was the first time that I have ordered from them and the service was prompt.
There are 27 parts to make up the three figures, the moulding looks good with a little flash evident but nothing too drastic. Henry Ford will make a good 'gaffer' with his bowler and the mechanic will end up driving one of my Bagnalls once I have removed the screwdriver from his left hand. Shame the two senior guys are scruffy oiks with their hands rammed in to their pockets!

Steve Holland

Keep banging the rocks together

Steve Holland
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge railways (WHR and FR in particular), Gn15, 16mm/ft, 7mm/ft, too much going on in life to have a website to look after!

Postby Steve Holland » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:12 pm

I have got around to assembling Henry Ford and the two other figures. They went together quite well, with a little filler needed on some of the seams, especially on the sides of Henry's coat. They are nicely sculpted figures with good facial features, and I think the mechanic looks a little like Vladimir Putin!

The mechanic (or is it Vladimir?) has had his screwdriver surgically removed from his left hand and has been put in charge of one of the Bagnalls.

Either Henry and his engineer are trying to buy the loco for the museum at Dearborn, or they are jealous that they do not get to play with the engine. :lol:
Steve Holland

Keep banging the rocks together

NotHarryPotter
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: On15, On30, 9mm NG, Gn15

Postby NotHarryPotter » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:51 am

Steve,

these figures are terrific, and will lend themselves to a bit of bashing. Hopefully ICM will also do some period passengers for their Model Ford T cars.

I have ordered 2 sets of the Henry Ford figures from a local hobby shop in Australia. I am in no particular hurry so I can wait. On a similar theme, in 1/35 scale figures ICM make a "Stalin and Co" set. On my yet to be built 1/35 scale factory layout, these figures will be Factory inspectors. You would want to have everything spic n span for when Stalin calls!

regards
Geoff
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." -- Groucho Marx

Geoff

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”