Source of resin radiators etc

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

NotHarryPotter
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: On15, On30, 9mm NG, Gn15

Source of resin radiators etc

Postby NotHarryPotter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi folks,

in search of radiators and other bits to build Gn15 locos from, I came across a shop in Australia called the Parts Box.

I have a 1/24 Sprint car radiator from them, and it is well cast with subtle detail. I have ordered other parts from them, so will let you know what I think when they arrive.
I have ordered a T model Ford style radiator, a tractor radiator, a kind of classic 30s radiator etc. They have other 1/24 car and diorama parts.

Certainly worth a look. The Australian dollar is down at the moment too! Help our economy grow!

http://www.thepartsbox.com/

cheers
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." -- Groucho Marx

Geoff

NotHarryPotter
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: On15, On30, 9mm NG, Gn15

Re: Source of resin radiators etc

Postby NotHarryPotter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:27 am

Hi folks,

Resin radiators and a few other bits arrived very quickly from The Parts Box in Adelaide Australia. Well packed too.

Critique wise...

The International Harvester tractor radiator looks really hefty. IH letters cast. Would benefit from a going over with file/sandpaper.

T-Model Ford castings pretty simple two-part moulding (surrounds and mesh behind). Not brilliantly detailed but sufficient for purpose of loco building.

Ford V8 (oval) radiator nicely cast, well detailed

Sprint car radiator Very nice detailed moulding

Radiator fan... heavy casting but sufficient for purpose. Would benefit from thinning out blades.

Fan belt and cogs. Heavy casting, would work ok in Gn15 loco.
All in all very pleased with purchases
cheers
Geoff
Attachments
2010-01-01 00.00.00-66.jpg
2010-01-01 00.00.00-66.jpg (166.02 KiB) Viewed 601 times
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." -- Groucho Marx

Geoff

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”