New webpage for my 3D printing info

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

New webpage for my 3D printing info

Postby rue_d_etropal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:40 pm

Just created a Facebook page for info about my 3D printing. Recreation21 FB page
Not sure how well it is going to work, but as Model Rail magazine has just had a big feature on my track, it seemed a good idea to get more info out there. I had not realized there was this facility on FB, and had thought I would need to create a new FB account.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

lesmond
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow gauge of all types, Gn15 most recently, making models with a budget of £0.00

Re: New webpage for my 3D printing info

Postby lesmond » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Congratulations on the article, Simon.

I bought a copy of Model Rail today & had a read at it. Very well explained and reviewed, and all being well will lead to a good few sales :D
"Because I Can"

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:26 pm

The article was far far better than I had hoped it might be. I had hoped Chris Leigh would be involved as like many here I grew up with him editing Model Railway Constructor.
I have not had any proper response yet, but these things take time. For most, ordering from Shapeways is a new experience. There should be a review plus article in another magazine in a couple of months. I have a few exhibitions lined up for my WW1 layout, and that uses my 3D printed locos and wagons and has others on display. Hopefully will also include some of the trackwork.
For anyone interested I am at Preston at end on month, Rainhill the following week and Liverpool in April. I am also at Blackburn show in September. Heywood show is at Rochdale Town Hall this March, and I have my Port d'Étropal layout there, and plan to have some of the 3D printed track as well. It will help cover the fiddle yard anyway.
I have added more photos to the FB page and plan to keep it updated with latest info.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 am

Just working on a new web front end for all my items, Hopefully it will not only make it easier for others to see things, but easier for me to find things. When Shapeways took 'not for sale' items off the shop window, it became very difficult to see what I had in development, resulting in some items not being set to 'for sale'. I also noticed the 10cm radius track used the middle sized stones, which look great, and not the largest of the stones, so I have now designed versions with these giant stones on surface. I will be having categories and sub categories, possibly cross referencing as some items can be used for different scales.
Templates for all the track sections are also being produced as pdf files. For the smaller track sections it should be possible to group several on same page. Just print off, cut out track, and plan your layout.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Just put new webpages for Gn15 track sections. Link via my website below.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”