Simplex in 1/24th scale

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Re: Simplex in 1/24th scale

Postby docnjoj » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Well the final part of the saga. The 1/32 Simplex arrived at my house with the box looking like it was used in a football match. Luckily Shapeways packed it well and the little model was unscathed. It is gorgeous. The amount of detail is quite surprising. I just have to figure how to cut off the seat and the brakewheel without damaging the rest of the model, since this is supposed to be G9. I wonder if it is really worth it to go with this tiny scale and not go back to GN15.

Well i need to finish this one layout and one train, led by the Simplex, then decide.
So far so good. Photos when I get my 1/24 guy seated in the little loco.
David(Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

glad it arrived ok. The packaging is a bit over the top, but I find some of the big boxes come in handy.
It is a small model. I had someone say it was 1/43rd scale, but at the time I had not done a version in that scale! What chassis are you planning to use?
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Postby docnjoj » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:20 pm

I guess the Kato chassis. It runs really slow with the radio and battery. I may almost have enough room under the Simplwx hood for the battery. Will find out today. I did find 2 bags of Steve's wonderful detail parts for locos and one is the larger brake wheel stand and wheel. Now I just have to make the seat, and get the driver to fit.
David (Doc)
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:37 pm

I just checked, could not remember the name, but then it came back . I bought a detailing pack for Simplex loco from Cambrian. granted it is 16mm/ft but still looks Ok. I actually used it on a small G9 loco I built on a Kato chassis a few years ago.
Cambrian

Just noticed that because of insurance they won't post to USA. I am sure there is a way around this. The items are pretty small. The reason given by insurance company is 'product liability ' not covered. I can understand this with complete locos and other big stuff but not detailing items.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”