new turntable

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

new turntable

Postby rue_d_etropal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:51 pm

My wagon turntables were only designed to turn 90 degrees. Enough for the job, but not suitable to turn a loco around. Someone asked me for a new version of one of my wagon turntables. This I did, then they said they wanted it to turn a small railcar around, so I had to do some thinking. As the item was in production I started working ideas on how the mechanism could be modified. Not perfect, but the ideas generated made me think I could produce something more like a loco turntable.
I came up with the following

It is no thicker than a piece of track, so no well to cut into baseboard. If the mechanism I designed is used then it needs an extra few mm. It is intended to look like a standard deck type turntable, but obviously the pit is fake. I saw a photo showing pit filled with water, so mucky it up and it could look like it was filled with water.
It is 84mm long, which is big enough for a wide range of small locos. Gauge on this one is 16.5mm but I aim to do it in other gauges.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”