A chance find

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Bill Reynolds
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Cycle touring, Garden Railways, Motorcycling, Gn15 and 7/8" scale.

A chance find

Postby Bill Reynolds » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello, Amongst my few hobbies is a life-long interest riding and owning motorcycles. Recently I purchased a motorcycle magazine. In the magazine I noticed a offer of buying a 1.24th scale Triumph Motorcycle for £1.99p. This a 'loss-leader' I think to snare you into buying a whole load of stuff, however there was a option just to buy the above which I took! I intend to give the bike a colour scheme to look like a old hack which one of my factory workers uses to get to work. It pay's to keep your eye's peeled!
Bill Reynolds..... Amalgamated Conserves....Our jam's are wonderfull...(try a spoon!)

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Re: A chance find

Postby chris stockdale » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:44 am

Hi Bill,

A nice bit of info. But do tell us which magazine please.

Also, I hope your post would be happier here in Trade tittle-tattle.

cheers,

NotHarryPotter
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: On15, On30, 9mm NG, Gn15

Postby NotHarryPotter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:30 am

Bill,

I did a google search that I thought might bring up the magazine/motorcycle combo, and had another chance find og G scale magazine covers, including Biker magazines, Playboy etc. on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-1-25-G-sca ... 1386063967

These could be useful,
cheers
Geoff Potter
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." -- Groucho Marx

Geoff

Bill Reynolds
'boxer
'boxer

Postby Bill Reynolds » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Hello Stockers, I was wondering where my message was....I thought for a minute I was dreaming of sending it in!!
Bill Reynolds..... Amalgamated Conserves....Our jam's are wonderfull...(try a spoon!)

Bill Reynolds
'boxer
'boxer

Postby Bill Reynolds » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:36 pm

I have just found the blurb about that above mentioned offer in my drawer. The offer was is 'Classic Motorcycle' last month and the place the 1.24th scale bike came from was called, Atlas Editions of Empress Road, Southampton SO14 0HH . After the cheap snare of a £1.99p. Triumph the prices go up to £7.99p. (+P & P) for a Vincent Black Shadow! Now, anybody with imagination, (unlike your average 16mm modeller) there is no way a worker on the type of tramway modelled on here is going to be able to afford one of those! There are further exotic old bikes one can buy as well. My cheap purchase will be, as I said, A old hack found in a barn to get to work on....

Bill Reynolds
'boxer
'boxer

Postby Bill Reynolds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:52 pm

When I posted this topic I was not aware of Atlas Editions marketing ploys! They tried to get me to pay for another item they 'said' I had ordered when I had done nothing of the sort and even told me I had received my order and they "wanted paying".....In the end I contacted the motorcycle magazine marketing department and told them about what was going on!! I am glad I did this as they told Atlas to lay off me. On looking on the Internet at Atlas''s Web site/company address I found a whole lot of disgrunted customers emails concerning the company. I have kept my mail stuff off this company in case they try it on me again....

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:07 pm

quite often the Atlas Editions items end up on ebay, so you can buy them later. Might have to pay more, but at least you don't get the hazzle. Also bought quite a few HO French items direct from China. These would have been stock left over by Atlas Editions, and the more popular items sold out fast. Had read somewhere that there were quite a few disatified people who had dealings with them.
In many ways it is a pity, as some of the models are good quality. Quite often find with models offered to UK subscribers are models which can be bought elsewhere. There was a range of 1/24 scale bikes under IXO(Museum?) range. I have seen many over the years in low cost shops(one step up from pounds shops).
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”